Advantages to Larger Group Size?

In our travels with ABD, our groups have ranged from 28 (I think) to 42. The downside of always travelling over July 4 I guess.
As others have said, I think the group dynamics, how many 'family groups' there are and the trip activities impact what 'feels' too big. Restroom stops don't bother me (I always go.....) but sometimes family photos do. One of my main memories of Cesky Krumlov was spending what felt like an hour on group photos - but I think that was because it was before we had seen anything and I was itching to go see it all!
One thing I have noticed - and I am an introvert - is that the length of the trip is a factor too. Our first 3 ABDs were longer trips, so I think that also plays into the bonding.
We did a non-ABD trip this summer with 41 and it was only on the last night that I talked to some people.
Our non-ABD groups were 5, 15 and then three at 35+.
We choose based on itinerary and dates primarily - if all else was equivalent, I would choose a smaller group option, but that is yet to happen and I don't think it will.

37 for Iceland was too many. Although the trip was outstanding, and I would definitely recommend it, it did not feel special or exclusive in anyway. I felt like I was in a big crowd all the time. We are definitely rethinking doing Japan with ABD in 2020. I'm not sure I can do that with a group of 40. We have decided to do ABD Greece 2019, but I found a July departure that already has a bunch of similarly-aged kids signed up, and we preferred the ABD itinerary to other trips I looked at.

37 for Iceland was too many. Although the trip was outstanding, and I would definitely recommend it, it did not feel special or exclusive in anyway. I felt like I was in a big crowd all the time. .

Interesting. We had 38 for Iceland and didn't feel that way at all. Maybe it's because we've had large groups many times so we knew what to expect? Sorry you left feeling like that. I can't think of any of our 38 that I would have left behind. Hahaha

37 for Iceland was too many. Although the trip was outstanding, and I would definitely recommend it, it did not feel special or exclusive in anyway. I felt like I was in a big crowd all the time. We are definitely rethinking doing Japan with ABD in 2020. I'm not sure I can do that with a group of 40. We have decided to do ABD Greece 2019, but I found a July departure that already has a bunch of similarly-aged kids signed up, and we preferred the ABD itinerary to other trips I looked at.
I will let you know that the Greece ABD is a *fabulous* itinerary!!

Sayhello

I will let you know that the Greece ABD is a *fabulous* itinerary!!

Sayhello
Yes - it came down to Nat Geo family Greece and ABD Greece for this one, and ultimately we preferred the ABD itinerary. The fact that a number of families with kids are already signed up sealed the deal. Even if it ends up also being a big group, I think the higher number of families will make a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter