Advent Calendars

I love Advent Calendars especially the Lego Star Wars for the figurewearing the holiday Xmas sweater each year.
Also the Bonne Maman Is excellent little jars of jams and jellies .
This year is the first time I have seen the SEEs Candy Advent Calendar in a store . Is that new for this year ? I have to wait until family arrives, I guess.
We got the Star Wars one last year. Apparently he wanted another this year. But he likes Harry Potter, too.

I was thinking maybe the droid one for next year.

I was going to get the beer advent calendar from Costco but either I was too late or they didn't have them.

So no advent calendar for me.
Not an advent calendar, but I was in Lidl the other day, and found a "12 Biers of Christmas" flight, so I got that for DH. They were 12 oz cans. I had gotten him a beer advent calendar one year, and it took him a while to get through it, so this was perfect.

This year is the first year in 23 years that I’m not buying an Advent calendar (I always bought one with chocolate). My DD25 doesn’t live here and my DD20 isn’t coming home until the 20th. Another change at our house.

To all those buying them for kids - I hope they enjoy them and the holiday season :goodvibes

My family doesn't like sweets.

Last year I did my own, there were a lot of socks.

This year I was looking for a month of Doritos, Lays, Snyders pretzels or Frito products and nothing - I would totally buy one made with chips or some sort of salty snacks.

Last edited:
We have a dog treat/toy one that we bought from Costco a few years back. We kept the calendar part and refill it each year for our dog.

We got together with a bunch of neighbors and friends and built our own Bourbon advent calendar. No fancy packaging, but everyone went home with 24 little 2 oz bottles of a different bourbon.

My DD13 has two this year, I bought her a rubber duck one (she is obsessed) and then she requested a Kinder chocolate one.

I've always wanted to get myself one but never did it, until I found a puzzle one on Amazon this year - each day is a small puzzle, and this one is booked themed - seemed like a perfect fit for me. Unfortunately it doesn't arrive until Monday.

Then we have our annual one that my step MIL made my daughter years ago. It's a felt nativity scene and you add a new piece of the nativity each day. We tend to all work on it throughout the season.

Poor husband is left out - but I don't know that he minds :)

For those that like them but do not eat sweets, they have such a variety now. It's not just chocolate. Makeup, lotion, puzzles, booze, jewelry, organic teas, etc. You can pretty much find one for any interest. Another option is to purchase one of the wooden ones and fill it with whatever you want. You can put in coins, lottery tickets, or whatever else you want.

Rubber duck one for 14 DS and Funko Pop Marvel one for 19 DS. Try to make it last a few minutes longer by having them each say something they are grateful for before they open that day's block.

We have a dog treat/toy one that we bought from Costco a few years back. We kept the calendar part and refill it each year for our dog.

We got together with a bunch of neighbors and friends and built our own Bourbon advent calendar. No fancy packaging, but everyone went home with 24 little 2 oz bottles of a different bourbon.
Just a thought: Everyone start saving toilet paper tubes now (for next year). Put 24 tubes in a tree shape--20-tube triangle on top of a small square "trunk". Put a nip in each tube, cover/close with festive paper that you put numbers on. Voila! advent calendar!

I wanted to do this for my oldest, only with different nips, but I don't know how to ship it to her.

I get a beer advent calendar from Costco every year. They source all of the beers from German microbreweries so they usually have some good pints.

My DD13 has two this year, I bought her a rubber duck one (she is obsessed) and then she requested a Kinder chocolate one.

I've always wanted to get myself one but never did it, until I found a puzzle one on Amazon this year - each day is a small puzzle, and this one is booked themed - seemed like a perfect fit for me. Unfortunately it doesn't arrive until Monday.

Then we have our annual one that my step MIL made my daughter years ago. It's a felt nativity scene and you add a new piece of the nativity each day. We tend to all work on it throughout the season.

Poor husband is left out - but I don't know that he minds :)
Oh yes! I forgot I gifted a puzzle one from Amazon to my parents. I’ve never seen them before and thought it was perfect. We always have a puzzle out and work on throughout the week when I visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter