"Adventure bag" Idea for kids

MrsMcNally

Earning My Ears
I had an idea I thought I would share. My DS is 6 and I thought I would make him a backpack for his trip. I think I will buy a Disney themed back pack ::MickeyMo and fill it with things he will want, and need in the parks and on the plane. Snacks, disposable camera, rain poncho, mister fan, a wallet with his spending money, gameboy, etc. This way I won't have to dig through my carryon every five mins. We recently went to Ft. Lauderdale for the weekend as sort of a "test run" for our Disney trip, (To see how the kids would be on the plane, and to practice our manners :bounce: ) and my son had his own carryon he called his Adventure bag. And it saved me having to get things for him. Any other ideas of things to put in the bag???????

I am working on this right now for DD7 and her best friend (the neighbor boy from down the street that is going with us).

So far I have: autograph book and pen (ordered online); lanyard for pins(ordered online); glow stuff (from dollar store); wallet and disney $$s from disney store; disposable camera;disney watch (none of that "what time is it - what time is it?); sunglasses (disney of course!! bought at wal mart).

I have it all in a backpack for the plane ride, then I also put a fanny pack inside for them to carry in the parks. Didn't want them lugging around a back pack - ha, who am I kidding - I didn't want ME lugging around TWO EXTRA backpacks!

There are printable activities on this board you could print out, put in a folder, bring some crayons (I like the twistable ones) or you can get a coloring book (I found one the last time at the Dollar store that had the Disney Villians in it. You could put some Disney theme snacks in it like fruit snacks, juice boxes etc. I am working on some for my son and 2 nephews so more ideas would be great.

My son also loves the wash rags that come almost like freeze dried and then you put it in water and it expands.

Don't forget about activities to keep them busy in lines. Bubbles or mad libs for example. Or things while waiting at restruants. Crayons, coloring books, small activity books, junk from fast food restruants.

I don't remember if I read a pressed penny book, some pennies, and quarters. Oh, and fans.

If you are going to do the pressed pennies, if you buy the M&M tubes the money fits nicely into them then they are not jingling around everywhere. My son & daughter loved do them, it was like a game trying to find the machines, cuz they are nicely camoflauged into the scenes.

I do this for every trip! I put new markers, pens, pencils, and crayons in a pencil case (get them now they are cheap for back to school!) I then go on-line and print out TONS of coloring pages w/Disney characters on them, different puzzles, mazes, etc. You can also go to http://school.discovery.com/ and go under puzzlemaker and make your own find-a-word puzzles with a Disney theme (my kids LOVE this). www.disneydollarless.com has fun journal pages for older kids (even my kindergartener thought they were fun) under "Downloads". www.nickjr.com has a lot of pages to print out and so does www.PBS.com. I put all this stuff into a binder, make a special cover page w/ a Disney character on it and the kids don't seeit till they open it on the plane. Another really fun thing is a small (from the Dollar Store or the party favor size) tub of PlayDoh....it really keeps the kids entertained on the plane and is not messy! Hope this isn't too much information! My friends all think I'm crazy when I start making these but my kids LOVE their special packs! Kathy :earsgirl:

I found Disney Princess crayons, markers and colored pencils at Walmart a couple of weeks ago not sure if they had Pooh or any Mickey ones they were in with the arts and craft things

Does any know if there are any disney themed fanny packs anywhere or if they are at the theme parks? I think the backpack is a great idea they have a bunch of new ones at the disney stores but no fanny packs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter