Adventure of the Seas television question

bgula

DIS Veteran
Going on our first RC cruise this March and was wondering if anyone knows if the stateroom TV's will work with a media box? Want to be able to watch shows/movies of our choosing. Can I hook up via hdmi/rca cables? Do I need a special remote in order to get the tv to accept other inputs?

I can't believe no one's brought a media box onboard to watch downloaded tv/movies? Someone has to know if this will work or not?

general consensus is no they do not work without a lot of effort on your part. universal remote, etc. sometimes the TVs are anchored in such a way that you cannot access the ports, or the ports are disabled.

a few people have gotten an amazon fire stick to work, or connected a laptop which has Netflix downloaded.

Only problem with universal remote is you need internet to program the remote unless you know what kind of tv you have ahead of time. I'm not planning on getting internet on the ship. Anyone know what type of tv's they have?
Is there a thread somewhere on this topic that I should read?

Only problem with universal remote is you need internet to program the remote unless you know what kind of tv you have ahead of time. I'm not planning on getting internet on the ship. Anyone know what type of tv's they have?
Is there a thread somewhere on this topic that I should read?
There is a good thread on cruise critic in the Royal forum. I think the TV's are Samsung on the newer ships. We were able to hook up our iPad to the TV on Anthem, Brilliance and Serenade, but not on Symphony (we couldn't get the inputs to change and the universal remote we brought didn't work).
Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter