Advice and Help on Travelling to Ostende

Janice

Super Shopper
DH is going on a Fishing Break to Ostende in August and I wondered if anyone knows
the best way to get across in a Van?

Not done this before so not sure of the options - anyone any ideas?

Go by Eurotunnel. We go to Belgium/Hollan every year to visit family and over to Calais to fill up the wine rack on numerous occassions. Eurotunnel is the quickest and easiest route. You are in Calais within 35 mins and then its very easy, straighforward and relatively quick to drive from there to Ostend.

Annmarie

Thanks Annemarie - will start investigating that possibility. :)

Do you have to book much in advance or is it a case of just turning up
and taking your turn?

Also - what sort of cost do you reckon?

Sorry Janice, I meant to say in my post - I always book on line. The site is www.eurotunnel.co.uk. We're booked for the first week in June at a cost of £127. You can just turn up and they will put you on the first available train but I like to book ahead to get the times I want and also you can see if there are any promotions.

Hope this helps.
Annmarie

Wait until October - they have a Beer festival then! :rolleyes:

In Belgium, every month is a beer festival.

In what other country can you go into a bar and they give you a beer menu? There is a bar in Brugge that has over 1000 different bottled beers on sale! Not that I am complaining mind you.

But I did go to an organised beer festival in Djiksmuide last October ......and it was rubbish. Purely for the tourists. We stuck it an hour and went into Oostende for the night. Had a great time.

Driving from Calais to Belgium is so easy, I may pop over again in the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter