Advice - Biergarten or Space 220 Lounge?

smileyanna

Mouseketeer
Looking for opinions on dinner at Biergarten or Space 220 Lounge. Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice!

The details:
Sunday night after Thanksgiving, so Epcot could be crowded with locals checking out Christmas offerings (?)
Kids are 10 and 7
We are vegetarian! Not particular foodies or picky
We almost never eat at table service restaurants due to cost/time, and only want to spend the time and money on cool experiences. Not sure either restaurant merits a visit, but the theming at both places seem fun.
I saw these restaurants were available during our short trip and made both reservations.

Those are two great choices, especially for kids in that age group. I was first going to say Biergarten, because I think the "thrill" of Space 220 for kids wears off a little quicker (though it is pretty darn cool). But then I saw that you are vegetarians. That might lead me to say Space 220, since German food is not known for its vegetarian options! But still, I suspect that the kids would have more fun at Biergarten. I guess the tie-breaker for me would be whether or not the adults in your family enjoy beer.

Last edited:
I haven’t been to Space 220 yet, but my kiddo loved the Biergarten show: the band does an excellent job, the instruments are interesting and novel, and the day we were there, many many kids were dancing to the music, so it serves as a movement/energy break during a sit down dinner.

I think Biergarten. It's a great 5 min, then (like the other post) the thrill wears off. I was not that impressed with the food, but you're not there for the food, unless you are!

Those are two great choices, especially for kids in that age group. I was first going to say Biergarten, because I think the "thrill" of Space 220 for kids wears off a little quicker (though it is pretty darn cool). But then I saw that you are vegetarians. That might lead me to say Space 220, since German food is not known for its vegetarian options! But still, I suspect that the kids would have more fun at Biergarten. I guess the tie-breaker for me would be whether or not the adults in your family enjoy beer.
Yes, the vegetarian element makes me laugh thinking about going to an Oktoberfest-style restaurant! But, it looks like they have some kind of potato dish, which my kids would likely inhale. Thanks for your thoughts!

Thanks for all the thoughts!

I haven’t been to Space 220 yet, but my kiddo loved the Biergarten show: the band does an excellent job, the instruments are interesting and novel, and the day we were there, many many kids were dancing to the music, so it serves as a movement/energy break during a sit down dinner.
Biergarten seems to have better entertainment "mid-meal," as opposed to the elevator pre and post-meal at Space220. I guess my question basically comes down to how long I think the space vibe at Space 220 would engage us.

I vote for Space 220. I'm considering the fact you're vegetarian here. Very good food and fun experience. Especially if your family loves the "space theme"! Blue Moon Cauliflower is SOOOO good! Ask if you can still order salads even though you're in the lounge. They have a nice variety of those.
Just looked up Blue Moon Cauliflower and it looks great! My kids aren't big salad eaters, but they would probably like this. Food is secondary to entertainment for us though... Thanks!

Thanks for all the thoughts!

Biergarten seems to have better entertainment "mid-meal," as opposed to the elevator pre and post-meal at Space220. I guess my question basically comes down to how long I think the space vibe at Space 220 would engage us.

Just looked up Blue Moon Cauliflower and it looks great! My kids aren't big salad eaters, but they would probably like this. Food is secondary to entertainment for us though... Thanks!

Last edited:
If you have to choose, I would do Space 220 Lounge - it's a la carte so you can pick what you want to eat and control your costs. The elevator is very cool while the space theme/windows in the actual restaurant are a bit more subdued. At Biergarten, you are going to pay full price for a meal you may not fully enjoy since most of the main dishes are meat based. The band is fun, but I don't know if it's any more entertaining than Space 220. As PP noted, depending on when your reservations are, you could do both as you can order as much or as little as you want in the Space 220 Lounge.

Both. You don't have to order food at Space lounge. Some adult beverages. Soda if you prefer
You don't have to stay long to appreciate the theming

This is our plan. Drinks & maybe an app in thf Lounge just for the ride. Dinner elsewhere

The potato dish may not be vegetarian, typical German potato salad has bacon. You might get a special meal if you notify them in advance you are vegetarian, but I would definitely check that out before booking that one.

I would suggest Space 220 for vegetarians. Definitely not worth the money for Biergarten if vegetarian. Biergarten is definitely not vegetarian friendly.

My eldest (11) is vegetarian and I wouldn't bother taking him to Biergarten. He absolutely loved his meal at Space 220 last week (he got the burrata and the pasta) and the theming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter