Advice for Bliz. Beach or Typh. Lagoon with 2yr old

Rellim

Mouseketeer
We're going next week and we got a water park option with the purchase of our 6 day hopper and we've never been to any water parks at Disney. I need advice/experience about which is better for our 2year old. Is there more for little kids at one or the other?

Thanks,
Rellim

Our family prefers BB but both are great parks. When my DS was small he loved the tot area of BB. He was entertained all day and I took him into the large pool area and the river ride. He hated the wave pool at TP (it was a little too rough for him).

Another vote for Blizzard Beach. As mentioned, they have a very nice toddler/preschool play area called 'Tikes Peak.' At the top, it has a few little water slides for really young kids which are just a couple feet long. (A great place to start....especially for young 2 year olds.) It also has a wide slide which you can slide down together, and a really nice, tame, tube ride. We were there this past June, and my DS (2 years 9 months) loved it.

We also went to Typhoon Lagoon. My DD-5 and DS-9 liked the wave pool there, but as the other poster indicated, it was too rough for the two year old. Additionally, the toddler/preschool area at Typhoon Lagoon has lots of water spraying from above. E.G., even the very little water slides have water squirting down from above on them, and the center of the area has a pirates ship with lots of water sprayers which kids can aim. My 2 year old didn't like all the water squirting at him.....especially when the big kids aimed it at him unexpectantly. The visit was still o.k. as he spent lots of time digging in the sand near the wave pool.....lots and lots of sand all over.....but he definitely liked the BB waterpark better.

Have a great trip!

I would vote for BB too. Don't forget the water shoes to protect those little feet and toes! The bottoms can be rough and we had an awful experience with our DS's toenail. First Aid at BB actually told us everyone should wear them to prevent injuries.....ours will be going with us every trip.

Thanks for the info. I had always heard that Typhoon Lagoon was better for the smallest kids, 1-3. But I think I've changed my mind after hearing about those sprayers. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter