• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice for booking FP+ 30 days out

KateKJ

Earning My Ears
My 30 day window opens in a couple days and I’m wondering about strategy. Is it best to book the rides you want regardless of times (and refresh to change the times), or book what you can earlier in the day and try to modify to different rides or snag 4th/additional FPs day of in the park?

I know the most popular rides won’t be available, but if we want say, Navi, Safari and Everest, but the first two are only available late in the afternoon, should we do Everest, Dinosaur and something else in the a.m. and hope to pick up Navi and Safari by refreshing before and day of? Would love any input - thanks!

My plan of attack is to know 1) what rides we want - complete with a Plan B set of rides, 2) Know what times I'm willing to be in that particular park - open to close, just the pm..... and 3) remember that no matter what I'm able to get or not get, I'll be in Disneyworld and that is the blessing!

Anecdotally ... We did 30 day FP for a trip a few weeks ago and managed to snag PP which I then moved up just a few hours later. A few days later Disney extended hours at MK and I was able to swap out a different FP for 7DMT. I was nervous about the evening 7DMT FP but had a couple of plans in place in case I was never able to move it and set expectations accordingly. Then after three weeks of refreshing (checking multiple times a day) I was able to also move that one up to the morning! I did stalk the app some. Turned out to be a very crowded day when we went so i consider it to be a bit of magic that I was able to get pretty much exactly what we wanted from within the 30 day window.

Just wanted to circle back as I reserved my 30-day out FPs this week. One tip is to grab the earliest times you see for the rides you want and then for the next 15-30 minutes, continue to work the refresh button to move the times.

I had some decent luck at AK moving Everest earlier in the day. For MK this morning, I was able to move BTM from 2:45 to 12:50. As I was refreshing the earliest time available kept getting later and later, but then the 12:50 popped up randomly. I think people are working on FPs in that first 30 minutes and may be moving some things around. Good luck to everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter