Advice for my trip 1/5 - help....

gookid

Earning My Ears
I have recently lost my job (non profit management!) and we have decided to still make our trip to Disney 1/5 - 1/12. I have a 4 1/2 year old. We got a great hotel rate off property - but I need other cost saving ideas. I am a Disney Club member - but am still searching to see if there are any other pass discounts out there (ex. Ebay). Any inexpensive Rental Car ideas - I found a compact car $100 for the week. I like the shipping food idea I read here too!

In January - how is the weather - can my daughter swim? We live in New Yotk - so anything above 70 is swimming weather for us (hehe), not sure how to pack for this time of year!

Also- I saw something about Outlets - Are there outlets in the area? Tell me where! We are staying at a Maingate East hotel on Irlo Bronson - by Old Town!
Thanks

LOL about the weather! NYer here to I hear the weather is pretty unpredictable you will get some hot days and some cool days! We are also doing a budget trip in Feb. Though not doing well saving for it with Christmas and all! YIKES!

I wanted to caution you about purchasing passes on eBay. It is impossible to verify how many days are left on a used multi-day pass without contacting Disney or presenting the pass at Guest Services. This would be the one area I would take the Disney Club discount and run! It would be tragic to purchase a pass and find out later that there are less days (or no days) remaining on the pass than you purchased and have to shell out additional money for passes.

How much is your room off property - with a husband and a child I would go for a discounted room at All Stars and not rent the car (thus saving on car and parking costs). I would also bring the food with me rather than ship it. Its really easy to do and saves on having to pay to ship it and then you have room for souvenirs in the space the food was in.

For tickets I would use my Disney Club discount or perhaps one of the services - I think the prices on FloridaOrlandotickets is very good and many people have had good luck with them.

Liz

Liz-
I got a great rate of $34.95 per night at Days Inn (right next to Old Town) my daughter also eats all meals for free there at 2 resteraunts they have. What is the cheapest Disney Property cost? If I did not get the car and pay parking there is $140 savings - that is about $20 more a night - so is there a Disney hotel for $55 a night? I would be interested if so!
Thanks for the info, so also I will pack food and just bring it with us in a suitcase then have that extra room for souveniers on the way home!
Kristina

Ok
Right now you can get All Star Movies in the rate category of 49-59. I believe the one code stops today so you need to go to the site that lists the codes (I don't believe they are allowed to be listed here) -- anyway that would be mousesavers.com.

Next - the eating free part is good only if you are there and that would require leaving the park and driving back and forth perhaps at times you don't want to drive back and forth during. -- Just something to think about.

You can email me at Deschepper@aol.com if you have any more questions. Hope that is ok to put in here!

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter