Advice Needed for Trip in February

PezRuth

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, We just booked a visit for the end of February/beginning of March. It feels so great to be planning something again. It will be my husband and I and our 11 and 5 year old girls. We have been before but not for awhile. We will be staying at Hard Rock. I need advice on a couple of things. We need a place to stay the first night we arrive. Nothing fancy but would be looking for something just easy. Any suggestions. We will then transfer to Hard Rock the next day. Second question: places to eat? Anyone have a favorite place to go. Already got reservations at Toothsome. Thanks everybody.

Hi everyone, We just booked a visit for the end of February/beginning of March. It feels so great to be planning something again. It will be my husband and I and our 11 and 5 year old girls. We have been before but not for awhile. We will be staying at Hard Rock. I need advice on a couple of things. We need a place to stay the first night we arrive. Nothing fancy but would be looking for something just easy. Any suggestions. We will then transfer to Hard Rock the next day. Second question: places to eat? Anyone have a favorite place to go. Already got reservations at Toothsome. Thanks everybody.
Universall Endless Summer Surfside or Dockside

. Second question: places to eat? Anyone have a favorite place to go. Already got reservations at Toothsome. Thanks everybody.

If you are looking for something quick and easy then take the boat to Portofino Bay and get the large pizza at Sal's Deli and eat it while overlooking the Bay.

Schwab's Pharmacy in the Hollywood section has $8.99 banana splits (compare that to Disney Spring's Ghiradehlli's $15 Banana splits or Beaches and Creams $12 banana splits.

Are you paying full price for the HRH rooms? I see a standard room for 2/28-3/3 showing a regular price of a standard room at $513. When the APH rates come out, I would expect that to drop to by at least $200 per night. Not sure exactly when those APH rates will open up, but it could be soon. So I'd recommend checking periodically at https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...ls=&ada=0&currid=1&vouchercode=&attendeeCode= . Just update the dates and number of guests. You just need to but at least one AP to take advantage of it.

If you booked a package, you might want to reconsider booking directly if you can get this rate and it is significantly cheaper...

We did an airport hotel back in 2017, but Dockside & Surfside are so inexpensive you really might as well grab that for a night imo. It'll be nearby for transferring luggage and you'll have early park admission that first day.

Places to eat - I'm a big fan of Cowfish, and if your girls are HP fans the Leaky Cauldron is a must-do. If they like tater tots, the Green Eggs & Ham kiosk in Seussland would be a really great option. If you're looking for sandwiches, Breadbox and Today cafe are solid. I bet your girls will love Toothsome!

And I'll second checking the APH rates - if you have park tickets for three or more days, it may be worth the cost to upgrade a ticket to an Annual Pass. Double check the blockout dates though, but if you can get a lower tier AP for your dates, paying $60 can potentially save you a few hundred on your hotel.

Cowfish has really good food with some crowd pleaser standards as well as lots of more unique choices.

We just ate at NBC grill, and gotta say their buffalo chicken mac & cheese might be the best I've ever had! Standard choices here but very good quality.

Would recommend the sundaes at Toothsome over the shakes - both are good, but the sundaes are huge(r), cheaper, and easier to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter