ADVICE NEEDED! HOLIDAY 2021!

KellyHonos

DisneyDivaxo
Hello all! Pleae re-direct this thread if this is the incorrect board to ask this. This seemed the most fitting. Anyways, I am planning to take my sister to WDW for her 16th bday during the holiday season, December 2021. I know these dates have not yet been released, but I am wondering when next year I should book this? Im thinking I could have the funds by May or June of next year, but is that too late? Should I book even sooner than that? We will be there for Xmas, so I know it will be crazy busy. Any advice or guidance would be totally appreciated!!!

Thank you in advance!

Book your resort by phone now... Deposit is one night's rate, the rest due upon arrival. You can add tickets later. You can also apply any possible promotions that apply after they come out.

Book your resort by phone now...

Actually, I think resort reservations can be booked 499 days out. So December of 2021 can’t be booked yet, even by phone.

OP, Packages for next year should be released in June or July. After that you can start booking online. If the resort or room type is important, book as soon as you can. If you book a room only, you’ll need 1 nights deposit. If you book a package, you just need a $200 deposit. So you don’t need to have all the money when you book.

Agree. Book a room only reservation now. Especially if you are booking a value resort. Then change it to a package down the road.

Book your resort by phone now... Deposit is one night's rate, the rest due upon arrival. You can add tickets later. You can also apply any possible promotions that apply after they come out.
What happens when the dates are released? do you have to rebook or cancel? I was thinking of doing this but not sure how its done.

What happens when the dates are released? do you have to rebook or cancel? I was thinking of doing this but not sure how its done.

If you book by phone 499 days out for a room only reservation and pay the one night deposit, that reservation remains on the books unless you modify or cancel it.

If you ultimately make a new reservation for a package or a discount that can't be applied to your original room only reservation, you can cancel the room only reservation and the deposit is refunded (provided you do it before the window closes...just make sure you confirm until when you can cancel with a full refund).

Disney has what they call a "basic package" available for 2021 that is functionally identical to a room only but you only pay the standard $200 package deposit and if you want to add on package elements later on it's a lot easier (though you don't have to). We booked one of these with our TA recently but you can call and book it yourself also.

Disney has what they call a "basic package" available for 2021 that is functionally identical to a room only but you only pay the standard $200 package deposit and if you want to add on package elements later on it's a lot easier (though you don't have to). We booked one of these with our TA recently but you can call and book it yourself also.

This exactly. Then no need to cancel the room only, get refunded and book again for a package

omg, really?! I didn't know we could book so far ahead in advance in terms of hotel

omg, really?! I didn't know we could book so far ahead in advance in terms of hotel

Again, you can only book 499 days out, even by phone. Right now you can call to book stays up to September 16, 2021. You have about 3 months til you can book Christmas 2021, depending on your dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter