• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice needed

Lindaleeann

Earning My Ears
I’m looking for some advice. I have a short trip planned this August. I had planned on doing MNSSHP on the 25th (assuming there is one). While I know it’s not the best source and reliability is spotty, but the crowd calendar is showing the 25th to be a 1 out of 10. I know it’s not accurate, but it does have me thinking. Knowing how crowded the parties get these days, would you skip the party and hit the park that morning for rope drop and stay till closing at 6 in hopes getting a lot done due to low crowds? Or would you just do MNSSHP, because well, it’s MNSSHP? While I have been to a party and really enjoyed it; I wouldn’t be devastated if I missed it. I know without a crystal ball nobody knows what the crowds will be – I'm just curious what others would do in hopes it will help me make up my mind.

I ignore crowd calendars completely so take this FWIW, but we went last October and found the crowd levels to be very low and manageable during the party day mornings, especially compared to the non party day we went. That coupled with the frequent complaints about how crowded the parties are getting, I would say skip MNSSHP if you could take or leave it and if your goal is getting stuff done, not the extras that come with the party.

I see it a couple of ways. First crowd levels are lower on party days. So if you get there at RD you should be able to get most everything done. Especially with a good FP strategy. Even though TP isn’t 100% accurate, I don’t know if there have been many times at all where they predicted a 1 and it was actually greater than a 5. So even going with level 5 crowds I think everything is still very doable getting there early.
While the parties are fun, I don’t know if you’d be able to do as much during the party as you could during the day.

We love going to MK on party days. The crowds are typically very low. If the choice is between the two and you've already done the party, I would just go during regular hours.

We have done MK the last 2 years on party days.
The crowds have been very manageable. It starts to get crowded about 4 pm when the party tickets can come in. Still wasn't bad until about 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter