• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice Needed!

Ware Bears

Bring me that horizon
We've booked the first part of our holiday for August which is 3 nights in London. We're then planning to catch the direct Eurostar to DLP and stay in the Explorers for 5 nights. Because we're going again at Christmas, we are buying annual passes and booking the Explorers direct which works out cheaper than buying 2 package holidays. I can't book the Eurostar until 6 months before the day we return home. I would have preferred to book the Eurostar and hotel together but am worried that if I wait until the 6 month window I might lose out on a room at the Explorers (there are 5 of us, and it costs too much to book 2 rooms at any of the other hotels, even with discount). Common sense tells me I should just go ahead and book the hotel now and then book the train later (I don't think there would be more than a few pounds in the price difference, if any difference), I've just got this stupid idea in my head that it would be easier to book the two together.

Do the hotels get really busy at DLP, in the sense that people often have to change their travel dates from their first choice or am I worrying needlessly?

We're planning on going 25/8/05 to 30/8/05 so its the last few days of the school holidays but even so..........? If I decide to book the two together, I have to endure an agonising wait of another 3 weeks!:faint:

Please tell me what you think, my gut feeling is I should book the hotel now and train separately later on, is that what you guys would do?

All advice gratefully received!::yes::

DH always says I don't have enough to do when I start worrying like this:rotfl2:but as it's me who usually plans our holidays, it would be MY fault if it all goes wrong!

Elaine

I'd bite the bullet and book the hotel now with Eurostar for earlier break.
That way you know you are definitely going back :flower:

Christmas seems to be getting popular now, with the Disney Hotels not offering room only rates for this time of year.

We are currently the opposite just now having booked flights for the summer and debating whether to back to Holiday Inn. Would have like to consider a Disney Hotel, but likewise the silly need for 2 rooms makes this an expensive option :guilty:

Reid

I'd go ahead and book the hotel. It probably can't hurt. Usually for hotels, you won't lose money if you need to cancel, as long as it's not right before your trip. You may have to give a deposit, but it's usually refundable.

Bet you're getting really excited now you can actually start booking!! :banana:
We always book the hotel first and then the Eurostar as soon as it becomes available. I was told you can't book Eurostar until 60 days before the journey. Has that changed?
As you're going in August I'd definitely make sure you've got the room(s) booked (although I have to say we've never been at that time of year.)
Anyway - continue to enjoy the planning - all part of the fun!!! :flower:

YES, I'VE DONE IT!!!!!!!:cool1:

Thanks for all your replies, folks. When I read my post back, I thought what a ditherer I sounded! ::yes::

So I've booked the Explorers for 5 nights in August and will book the train when dates allow.

Diberry, it looks like you can book the Eurostar 6 months in advance now, on their website you can book trains up to 7 August. I've been watching the site and really wanted to book a hotel and train package with them because it would have worked out about £30 cheaper but in the end decided that I would rather have peace of mind and know the hotel room was booked. Imagine if I'd waited until the end of the month and then found I couldn't get a room for the days we'd planned, all for the sake of £30!:rolleyes2

Reid, have you not considered the Explorers? I know it is not such a nice hotel as the Holiday Inn and that some of the trip reports, especially in its earlier days, were not particularly favourable, but I have read a couple of trip reports from Christmas/New Year 2004/2005 on another Disney board and the people were very happy with it and would return there. Provided it's clean, I won't mind it being basic!!! And I'll save staying at the Disneyland until it's just DH and myself going, or until our DD's are all at work and paying for themselves!:rotfl2:

So, tomorrow I will be able to put a countdown on!!!, yay!!!:banana::disrocks::banana:

Elaine

What is the website to book Eurostar with a room package?
I am travelling in May 2005, and I also thought you could only book Eurostar 3 months out. We are coming from the USA to London and want to go to DLP before our British Isle Cruise. Is it advisable to book via the website with a US credit card?
Michele

Great news Elaine! :banana: :banana:

Michelle, I know I book all sorts of stuff on US websites with my UK credit card but I guess it's what you are comfortable with.

I think the Eurostar is bookable via the main website - try Euostar Website here but I'm not sure if that's the site the others are talking about!

Miffy, that's the site I used!:goodvibes

Michele, I booked the hotel through this site and we then printed up the receipt to show the hotel, so its not like tickets have to be posted out to us. I would imagine you would get a paper receipt to print up with a train and hotel package as well. If you're a bit apprehensive about using your US credit card why not email Eurostar and ask them? I have emailed them before and they are very helpful.

Elaine

shoes99 said:
Is it advisable to book via the website with a US credit card?

I've never had a problem with US credit cards in Europe, including booking Eurostar tickets from their website. Any Visa card will definitely work. American Express might not work everywhere, though.

If you'd rather not get the Eurostar tickets online, US travel agencies can get them for you too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter