Advice on AK plan please!

Littlestarfish

Earning My Ears
I would really appreciate some advice on my AK plan for early December. It's our first time and our list of 'must dos' seems long! We're staying on site so we can take advantage of early and aim to get there by 6:45am. So we will rope-drop FOP, followed by Na'vi River and then over to EE in Asia. But then after that, I'm not sure what to do.

I was thinking that after EE, we could cover the Kali River Rapids and the Maharajah Jungle Trek. Followed by Dinosaur and Nemo show in Dino-Land. I am estimating/hoping we could cover all of that by around midday, so we could grab a quick bute on Discovery Island and check out the Discovery Island Trails. After lunch, we'd focus on Africa, starting with the train and then around 1.5/2hrs at Rafiki's Planet Watch (my kids are very keen to do the Animation Experience and check out the conservation centre). We would then head back to Africa, do the Lion King Show, the Trail, and then try to be on KS around 5ish. We can end the day with a wander through Pandora at night, dinner at Sat'uli and the Tree of Life light show on the way out.

But, I'm worried that with this approach and leaving Africa until the end of the day, if things don't go to plan (which I realise they probably won't), we may miss out on KS and Lion King.

So would it be better to cover off all of Africa, starting with KS, straight after Pandora? We would then save EE, the rest of Asia, Discovery Island, Dinosaur and Nemo for the afternoon? KS is more important than some of the others (like Kali River or Nemo), but I have read it's best to do KS first thing in the morning or around sunset when the animals are most active.

I'm sure I'm overthinking this, so some sage advice from some experts would be most helpful.

I would do Africa after Pandora. KS and the trails close earlier than the park. The animals tend to be more active in the morning, although in Dec. it might not matter since it's not always hot then. KRR might be closed. They tend to shut it down in the winter for maint. Not sure it would take that long at Rafiki. The shows also don't run all day so you would need to check the schedule on those. I would save the rides for after all the other stuff. They run until park closes.

Thanks so much, we will go to Africa after Pandora and then get through the shows and animal exhibits. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter