• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice on Behind the Scenes Tours

tigergrad

DIS Veteran
Looking for advice on the behind the scenes tours. Just my husband and myself- both in our 50s. DVC members- so one with a DVC discount would be great. Looking primarily at Keys to the Kingdom, Steam Trains, Marceline to Magic Kingdom, World Showcase DestiNations and Backstage Magic. Any information would be appreciated.

I've done Keys to the Kingdom (about 5 years ago) and Marceline to Magic Kingdom just last month. LOVED both of them. My DH and youngest son did Steam Trains...also loved it. You can't go wrong with any of them I'm sure. If you want to see the utilidoors, then Keys would be better over Marceline, but going behind the scenes of Haunted Mansion for Marceline was very cool!

DH & I are a bit older than y’all and have taken every one of the tours you list except DestiNations, although I’ll admit we did Backstage Magic so long ago that two of the attractions we visited are gone now! I think DVC discounts apply to all of them. We’ve enjoyed every tour, so I’d recommend you consider length and cost as well as subject matter. Search this board & post questions to get more details re each one - the online descriptions on WDW’s website aren’t always specific enough to help in making choices.

Of the ones you listed, I liked Marceline, Steam Trains and Backstage Magic the most, but again they were all very enjoyable and interesting!

I would say all of them are great however, Keys to the Kingdom was the most involved (time consuming) but really worth it if you are Disney fans...which being on the boards you clearly have some love for Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter