Advice on Dining at Universal

DH loves Mel's for some reason. I think it's good, but nothing to write home about. It's a must do for him. Of the two Potter QS locations, we prefer Three Broomsticks over Leaky Cauldron but both are worth doing for the atmosphere alone. We also like NBC Sports Grill and Red Oven Pizza Kitchen at City Walk.

If you make your way over to Royal Pacific, which isn't far from Cabana Bay, Jake's is great and so is Bula Bar which is outside near the pool.

We love three broomsticks. Also liked Magaritaville on city walk.....I know it is a chain, but we loved the drinks and especially volcano nachos which are a great value.
Very pleased with Mythos - very modest prices for a table service.

My hubby and I enjoyed the Tchop Tchop at RP. It was pricey, but the servers were top notch and the menu was very... different. Sort of Asian meets Cajun! I haven't seen it mentioned yet so I thought I would throw it out there.

P.S.- I just want to throw this out there too. I called the concierge at about 3:00 and got a reservation for the same day at 5:00. Try that at Disney! LOL

Margaritaville (City Walk)
Leaky Cauldron (Studios)
Three Broomsticks (Islands)
Fast Food Blvd (Studios)
Mythos (Islands)

Am I the only one here that likes Bubba Gumps ??
I only ate there once so may have hit it on a good night...??

MG

touring plans has thsis on their site from MAY 12 20 15
ll-Day Menu

Last updated on May 1, 2015

Checked for accuracy on May 1, 2015

Menus provided by TouringPlans.com are unofficial and subject to change.

APPETIZERS (7)
Tuscan Tomato Soup
$4.99
Chef's Signature Pizza $8.99
Mediterranean Flat Bread
roasted artichoke hearts, bacon, with cheddar and mozzarella cheese and a red pepper sauce

$7.99
Shrimp Cocktail
served on ice with spicy cocktail sauce

$9.99
Creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup $4.99
Tempura Shrimp Sushi
With soy and wasabi drizzle

$8.99
Crispy Spanokopita $7.99
ENTRÉES (24)
Mythos Pad Thai

Rice noodles, mixed vegetables, chicken and shrimp tossed in a sweet and sour peanut sauce. Can be prepared vegetarian

$16.99
Cranberry Blue Cheese Crusted Pork $14.99
Mythos Beef Medallions
with mashed potatoes, truffle butter, topped with spicy fried onions

$19.99
Seared Salmon $19.99
Brown Butter Gnochi $14.99
Pan Seared Mahi Mahi
with baked plantains, cilantro cream sauce, and tomato salsa

$16.99
Risotto of the Day $15.99
Crab Cake Silders
spiced blue crab cakes pan sauteed and served on mini rolls with lettuce and sauce remoulade. Accompanied by potato salad and watermelon tomato medley

$12.99
Traditional Hamburger
topped with cheddar cheese and applewood bacon and served with French fries

$11.99
Mediterranean Chicken Salad Wrap
Savory chicken salad with cucumbers, red grapes and tomatoes wrapped in a grilled tortilla served with quinoa tabouli

$13.99
Blackened Fish Tacos
tortillas with catch of the day, vegetable slaw and remoulade sauce served with potato salad and watermelon tomato medley

$12.50
Mythos Grilled Chicken Sandwich $11.99
Roast Beef Panini $11.99
Mediterranean Chicken
Spring field greens, soy vinaigrette and wasabi cream

$13.99
Mythos Greek Salad $8.99
Mythos Greek Salad with Chicken $12.99
Mythos Greek Salad with Salmon $16.49
Heart of Romaine Caesar $8.99
Heart of Romaine Caesar with grilled chicken or beef $13.99
Heart of Romaine Caesar with shrimp or salmon $16.49
Mixed Baby Greens
with marinated feta cheese and citrus dressing

$7.99
Mixed Baby Greens with grilled chicken or beef

$12.99
Mixed Baby Greens with shrimp or salmon

$15.49
Asian Cashew Chicken Salad
with an organic soy and wasabi vinaigrette and wasabi cream

$11.99
i looks sirtolast year

i feel it is abot the same as last years;

i rarely go there.
better places we aer found

No- I was looking forward to trying the brown butter gnocci and asking them to sub some veggies for the chicken. I may still ask since gnocci is still on the menu, just with bolognese now.

I hope it changes back too. Or changes again. It looks like they might change a lot?

ETA: Pretty sure Confisco Grill changed too because I was looking forward to that one also and now I'm looking at the menu wondering why I was looking forward to it.

No biggie really, just an observation. I'm not a foodie by any means. I prefer simple things and they look like they are trying to be more hip.

Last edited:
CalKhat, when you go to mythos, ask the waiter if they can make it for you even if it is off the menu.
never hurts to ask, they either can or they can't.

there are some dishes they can do up still

but the blueberry porkchops they can't.....
it's been off the menu for years

We are going for the first time in >15 years so I don't have much to give first hand. But, way back when, we visited Emeril's (in City Walk) and loved it. We are planning on eating there again this coming trip.

Beyond that, I have heard people mention Tchoup Tchoup, Cowfish, and Mythos in other threads I researched. Mot of the menu items there looked unappealing to us, though, so we're not going to try any of them (haven't looked at the "new" Mythos menu, though).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter