Advice on Palo brunch-

yorkieteacher

DIS Veteran
I was glad to be able to book Palo brunch on our second cruise scheduled for January 2022. I really want to try the eggplant and the ravioli, both listed as entrees. My husband will want the salmon or steak, and will not want to split the ravioli and eggplant with me! The ravioli dish seems small. Can I order two entrees, or pay for an extra one? I'm not really interested in the pancakes or egg dishes. What are your favorites?

Unless things have changed in this regard (and I haven't heard that they have), you can order as many dishes as you wish at brunch (and there is a single fixed price). I think it is only at dinner where things moved to a la carte pricing (or a prix fixe option). I would say that for the most part, the brunch dishes are on the smaller side, so it's quite reasonable, and not uncommon, to order more than one dish, and it doesn't cost extra to order more than one. You also used to be able to make multiple trips to the buffet area.

At least as of 9/20, you can order as much as you want at Palo brunch without paying extra. In fact, the server will often suggest multiple dishes for you to try.

I was glad to be able to book Palo brunch on our second cruise scheduled for January 2022. I really want to try the eggplant and the ravioli, both listed as entrees. My husband will want the salmon or steak, and will not want to split the ravioli and eggplant with me! The ravioli dish seems small. Can I order two entrees, or pay for an extra one? I'm not really interested in the pancakes or egg dishes. What are your favorites?

I have asked for a small plate of the ravioli when I get my usual delicious chicken parm. They have no issues bringing out what ever you want. I prefer the lunch options over the breakfast.

What does it say? Could it be computer glitch?
It says, Due to the popularity of this experience, you may only reserve this activity once. The remy is sold out but the others are not. I can make a reservation for palo dinner (did not do it), go figure!🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211009-231355_Disney Cruise Line Navigator.jpg
    Screenshot_20211009-231355_Disney Cruise Line Navigator.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 19

It says, Due to the popularity of this experience, you may only reserve this activity once. The remy is sold out but the others are not. I can make a reservation for palo dinner (did not do it), go figure!🤔

It says that al the time for Palo, you get one dinner and one brunch to book if they are available. You should still be able to click on it and book. If its not working try signing out and then back in again.

If brunch is not stating a sold out status...why can't I book it?
That happens when the available tables they have left are for a different number of people than in your party. They designate a certain number of tables as for parties, of 1,2,3,4,5 etc. If you are trying to book a party of 2 and they only have a table for 4 and 6 left in the system then it won’t let you book.

That happens when the available tables they have left are for a different number of people than in your party. They designate a certain number of tables as for parties, of 1,2,3,4,5 etc. If you are trying to book a party of 2 and they only have a table for 4 and 6 left in the system then it won’t let you book.
Ohhh...yes, I remember having that trouble before! Only got one for my son and I went to them onboard and they added me. I may be calling! Thanks!

Yes, we had this situation when trying to book a champagne tasting for a cruise next month, only one spot left and I wanted two. They tried so hard to add another spot to book it but the system wouldn't allow it. I guess they are strict with the numbers these days.

In August DH and I ordered 6 entrees and a pizza to share. No appetizers but DH had to have the tiramisu for dessert. :thumbsup2

We did Palo brunch on the Fantasy a few weeks back and its the same as the old format (One price, order as much as you want) instead of the Dinner a la carte and/or pre fixe options. You should have no issues ordering whatever you'd like as others mentioned before.

I ask them to bring smaller portions if possible and they are usually really great about it.

Yes, we had this situation when trying to book a champagne tasting for a cruise next month, only one spot left and I wanted two. They tried so hard to add another spot to book it but the system wouldn't allow it. I guess they are strict with the numbers these days.
I called them...yes, they do have "several" tables of 6pp left but can't change it to two people. It would be understandable if it were the other way around. Then I would say, no problem...it must be because your being strict with the numbers.

I called them...yes, they do have "several" tables of 6pp left but can't change it to two people. It would be understandable if it were the other way around. Then I would say, no problem...it must be because your being strict with the numbers.
Yep, the same is true on our cruise. With the low guest counts though, I very much doubt there are many parties of 6 that will fill those tables. That bodes well for being able to get a spot on board the ship.

Oh, that explains why I can't book for 2 but it still doesn't show as sold out yet!! I thought there was just lag occurring. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter