Advice or Suggestions welcome - PPO ADR for Jedi Training sign up

ErinMarie74

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to plan the best/most efficient way to sign up my 5yo daughter. If we had an 8:40 ADR at H&V, would we be able to do the sign ups before we go to our reservation?

We currently have both the 8:40am reservation for 4 out of 6 of us (We have older teens who could sleep in and meet us later) and a 3:30pm reservation for all of us with the Fantasmic package for all 6 of us.

We are going the last week in April, with our DHS day being 4/26. I'm torn between which to keep. I know the characters at the meals are different, I was thinking the Disney Jr. characters would be something different since we will be seeing Minnie at other meals during our stay. Our first FP's are not until after 10 right now because I had already planned on going right to sign ups when the park opens. But if there is some advantage to switching to breakfast then I'll keep it.

What to my Disney guru's think?

Yes, you will be allowed to sign up before your H&V breakfast. I don't know what time they will let you in for an 8:40 though. Hopefully it is before they allow the masses in. When I went in 2016, by 8:20, they were already allowing everyone inside the tapstiles to rush over to sign up for JTA. We ended up in a 40 min line. So in 2017, I made an 8:15 ADR and we were allowed in at 8 or maybe 7:50ish. We went over and signed up right away (took 5 min) and then checked in for breakfast.

if they let you in before the masses, you will be fine. If not, the 8:40 ADR won't help. Can you move it up at all?

Maybe someone with more knowledge of later PPOs will be able to chime in.

What time do they start taking sign-ups for JTA? And how strict are they about times for the ADR?

I have a 7:55 ADR for me and my son. If they don't let you sign for JTA until 8:00 and they are strict about times for the ADR then we'll have to choose between ADR and JTA, which is no choice really as there's a fair chance that we're just going to take the $20 hit for missing the ADR anyway.

I do have a question, though. My son made his own lightsabre last year. Will he be allowed to bring it along to JTA?

What time do they start taking sign-ups for JTA? And how strict are they about times for the ADR?

I have a 7:55 ADR for me and my son. If they don't let you sign for JTA until 8:00 and they are strict about times for the ADR then we'll have to choose between ADR and JTA, which is no choice really as there's a fair chance that we're just going to take the $20 hit for missing the ADR anyway.

I do have a question, though. My son made his own lightsabre last year. Will he be allowed to bring it along to JTA?
They will probably let you in about 7:50, I'm assuming. You should have time to go sign up and then check in for your ADR. You may be a few minutes late but I think that will be fine. It was not very busy when we were there at 8:15 last June.

No idea on the lightsaber.

It would depend what time they let you through for an 8.40, they open the tapstiles at 8.30 so you could end up in the general crowds. Unless you particularly want the Disney Junior characters, personally I would just get there early.

We got to the tapstiles at 8 and were the third family back. Crowds grew rapidly behind us. Despite a delay with a fingerprint issue we were one of the first families waiting to sign up after they started letting in at 8.30, we had a choice of any time we wanted and were back at Hollywood Boulevard waiting for rope drop by 8.50

Yes, you will be allowed to sign up before your H&V breakfast. I don't know what time they will let you in for an 8:40 though. Hopefully it is before they allow the masses in. When I went in 2016, by 8:20, they were already allowing everyone inside the tapstiles to rush over to sign up for JTA. We ended up in a 40 min line. So in 2017, I made an 8:15 ADR and we were allowed in at 8 or maybe 7:50ish. We went over and signed up right away (took 5 min) and then checked in for breakfast.

if they let you in before the masses, you will be fine. If not, the 8:40 ADR won't help. Can you move it up at all?

Maybe someone with more knowledge of later PPOs will be able to chime in.
Thank you! I have an alert set for an earlier ADR, hoping something will come up. At this point, even if it's just for me and my DD I'll be happy =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter