• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice re spending money please

neobear

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I was just wondering how much spending money I am likely to need for a 3 night stay at disneyland paris for 2 adults, 1 six yr old and 1 one yr old. We have not booked half board.

Many thanks for your help...xx

Hi neobear,

Welcome to the Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board :goodvibes.

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

do you have 4 days of meals to plan for? do you usually have table service/buffet service meals, or do you prefer McDonalds, Earl of Sandwich, counter service? Are you planning on bringing your own snacks with you (always a good idea with young children :)). What about souvenirs, how much do you think you'd like to spend on those?

Hi DLP daft, thank you for replying to me :)

we will be arriving tuesday morning and then leaving fri afternoon so yes 4 days to plan for.

We are happy with either really. Would like one meal in cafe mickey for the character interaction but otherwise dont mind too much where we eat. Our 6 yr old is a fussy eater though so simple food be best.

No souvenirs hopefully! lol!

xx

Have a look at the restaurant review threads on here. Carrie Cat has very kindly taken photos of a lot of the menus so you can see how much different options will cost. We are a family of 5 and generally budget around E40 for a counter service meal E90 for the cheaper buffets and E120 ish for Walts or cafe mickey etc so you would need to allow less. We normally allow our children a fixed amount of money to choose some souvenirs to keep control of spending.
If you are driving remember you will need to pay road tolls.

I agree with the last poster's advice--if you take a look at the menus, you can tailor your trip budget around the restaurants you select. Then--stick with it (the tough part). That said, we did the half board and found that it was really quite a money saver as all anyone needed in the afternoon was a snack. Are you staying on property? Your hotel may offer a continental breakfast that will assist with budget planning as well, as the Hotel New York did for our stay. I would bring your own snacks too, as we found those unconcious hot chocolate purchases (it was November, btw) and snacks on the fly were a drain as they are at any Disney park. Finally, suggest to your children over the course of the four days, that they can make a list of souvenirs they might like, and on the last day, review the list and see what they truly can't live without. That helps with the impulse buys as well. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter