Advice: When and What!!!

Orky15

Mouseketeer
Hey all!!!

I've been to WDW twice, but this will be my first time planning a trip there as I previously went with my family and now, at 19, I am going with my fiancee.

We were originally planning a June trip, but after much soul-searching (and the emphatic advice from the author of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, my Disney Bible) we've decided to push the vacation to fall, when the off season begins and the hotels are less expensive.

Money isn't a huge worry--we're considering the Grand Floridian, Beach or Yacht Club, and Swan or Dolphin (where I have stayed once before)--but why not plan the vacation with less crowds and lower prices. <He's rich enough, but I am true to my tightwad parents...fanny packs with smuggled snacks, breakfasts and lunches in the hotel, etc.>

Now you are probably wondering what my questions are--I'm wondering if any of you Veteran Disney Vacation planners can help me isolate the best time to go... when it's not too cold, not too crowded, and less expensive.:confused:

Also, I've heard of a Magic Kingdom Gold Card. Does anyone have experience with these, and if so, do they provide significant savings? Even in the off season?

Any advice will be much appreciated!!!

Anytime after Thanksgiving but before Xmas week! its just wonderful:jester:

If you've never been to WDW during the Epcot Food and Wine Festival you're missing out! Not sure of the dates this year, but it's usually late Oct. thru early/mid Nov. It is fabulous! You won't be able to partake of the wine part, but the food is not to be missed.

Also, the weather is perfect that time of year, and the parks are much less crowded. We go in early Nov. every other year. One thing to note - schools in NJ typically have a week off in early Nov. The parks get quite a bit more crowded at that time, so you might want to check that out.

Have fun!:jester:

If you also like doing the water parks then I recommend after Labor day. Still warm so you can enjoy all the water rides but not as crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter