Advise not using Coastal Cart Rental

serenitygr

2021: trip number six to the Fort!!
1D9B3962-DB65-4E93-9C7F-276ADDF806ED.png03480B94-1505-4FA0-BC31-507B7A18752F.jpegNot sure if this is allowed or not- I thought it might help fellow campers from making the same mistake we did. If not allowed please delete and accept my apologies!Absolutely don’t recommend Coastal Carts! After trying them for two years, we will never rent from them again.

Both times had major issues with our carts. Left without a cart for two days on our first trip, and four days on our second. No offer of a refund. In fact, Scott ( the owner) actually said one of their carts breaking down was our fault and threatened to “ put a lien on everything we owned” if we did not pay him not only for the repairs, but also the days we were left without a cart due to two different carts of theirs breaking down. Extremely unpleasant person to work with.

Uses the excuse of how they are just “starting out” as the reason their carts are in such poor shape, and also -they love to insult other golf cart companies who DO keep their carts in good condition- saying how the other company “puts everything on a credit card, which is why they have better carts”.

During our recent stay ( October 2022) we talked to two other families who were also very unhappy with the quality of their carts from Coastal, so I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before their business attitude catches up with them. It seems like that is starting to happen now.

Also worth noting- their carts are actually more expensive than Disneys for much less quality.

We either bring our own, or rent from Disney so not an issue for us, but could you please explain the break down issues? I'm especially interested in what was wrong with the cart that would require putting a lien on your property. (That one made me laugh). If you paid by card I would have just said, "ok fine... talk to my credit card company".
Also, what made you pick them? Never heard of that company and the prices seem to be a little out of line- even with Disney's rentals.

We found them in 2021 on Facebook and decided to give them a try. That time we had a couple issues with the cart and they ended up replacing it once. They told us how they were an “ up and coming family company” so we cut them a little slack because I understand how it can be- especially because this was right after Covid when everyone was struggling.

So this time we decided to use them and assumed things would be much better. Our first cart was not delivered until very late on the day we reserved it for. They told us that they picked it up from the prior party who had it, and had to fix it- that’s why they were so late 🙄 And when we got in it to head to our hoop Dee Doo reservation, we didn’t even get out of our loop. So we had to push it all the way back to our site- contact them ( which they never answer phones- it’s text only when they get around to answering), and then get a bus to Hoop. Obviously we were late and I was not happy.

So the next night they came and swapped the cart with another cart apparently someone else didn’t want, but they said it was the only one they had available for us. It was an 8 seater, so just lovely trying to get it parked anywhere. It also went 10 mph max. My husband adjusted a cable on it so at least we could get up to 14 mph, and he let Scott know because that was one of the complaints the previous party had about it. That one went ok for about a week, and then broke down. So they came to get that one, and left us with nothing for two more days. Then gave us a four seater for the last couple days of our trip.

Two weeks after we get home he sends us a bill for $400 to fix his golf cart -saying it quit because we “broke the cable”. The bill was 150 for parts, 150 for labor, and 100 for the “3% service fee” 😂 I actually did well in math at school, but even if I hadn’t I can recognize a scammer. At that point he said if we didn’t pay it within two days he would sue us 🙄 We responded by saying we didn’t believe we had anything to do with the second cart breaking, and due to the first cart also breaking we’d like to get a credit for the 4-5 days we had no cart available even though we’d paid for one. And we said we could always dispute it with our credit card company and try to resolve what was fair to everyone. He at that point went ballistic on my husband and said if we did that he’d file a lien against everything we owned. Just wow. Pleasant guy.

So the end result- he sent a revised invoice for just the parts- we paid him 150, and we took it as a lesson learned on never feel sorry for the “struggling family trying to start up a business”. I don’t think they’ll be in business much longer- not only because of his customer service attitude, but also because we came across two other families who were having issues with their carts from Coastal as well.

My hope is just to keep anyone else from making the same mistake we did. I would rent from Disney a hundred times before I rented from them again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter