• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advise on how to split 3 days in Parks

brehede1

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I would be grateful for your advice. I am travelling to DLP on a 2 night, 3 day package, staying at DLH from Nov 29 to Dec 1st. We are flying in at 3pm on 28th and staying at Discovery hotel (DLH not available for package). Travelling with my DH and 2 DS, 6 and 9.

I have a few questions:

How much time should we spend in each park (2 days/ 1 day?). We will have until 6pm on our day of departure?

We have been to Paris before for a short time summer 2008 and have been to Orlando twice for 9 day trips - this trip more for Christmas atmosphere than having to do rides.

My children don't like the thrill rides - can't even get them back on BTM.

What restaurants do you recommend?

Do you recommend Buffallo Bill show and if so is the level 1 ticket worth the extra price?

Finally, how busy are week days in end Nov? We are resigned to Sun being mad busy but hoping Mon & Tues will be reasonable.

Sorry so long!
Deirdre

Hi,

I'm also going on your Monday and Tuesday, and like you, hoping for a quiet time :goodvibes.

My DD is 8, she doesn't like thrill rides either, and on a normal 2 night/3 day stay for us, we tend to just move from one park to the other, as the fancy takes us (they are only a couple of minutes walk away from each other, gate to gate).

I know this trip, we'll be spending more time in the main park than usual, because of the Christmas season shows, meet n greets etc, that aren't on in other seasons.

DD's favourite land is Fantasyland in the main park, closely followed by the Studios (so many great shows there too).

To make the most of your days, check in before 8am to the DLH on the Sunday morning, then go into the park for EMH (do this on Monday morning too). This way, your boys will get loads of rides in Fantasyland and Buzz in Discoveryland, before the parks open to local guests. Then, on the Sunday, personally I'd head over to the Studios for the majority of the day, because I'd expect the main park to be really really busy. Don't worry too much about the rides the boys might want to go on today, if the queues are too long they will be able to do them on Monday or Tuesday. Stitch Live, Animagique, Cinemagique, and the Cars n Stars Parade are all excellent entertainment, your boys will love them.

There are also lots of opportunities for character meet and greets in the Studios, so don't forget their autograph books. Again, if the queues are too long/scrums too rough around the characters today, don't worry, they'll meet them on Monday or Tuesday.

I'd also maybe consider the Mickeys Winter Wonderland show in the main park on Sunday, and then the character show in the foyer of the DLH at 4pm. You could take a rest then for an hour or so in your room, then head into the main park for the tree lighting ceremony, the castle light-up, and Fantillusion. If your boys are still awake and raring to go, you'd then still have an hour after all this ends, to have rides in what will be a much quieter park.

You've got to eat as well, so what about a character meal on the Sunday? You could have a leisurely lunch at Cafe Mickey, this way you escape the crowds and you're still meeting lots of characters. Or theres the character brunch at the Steakhouse in the Village on Sundays, if you have premium meal vouchers this is apparently an excellent meal and again, lots of character interaction for the boys.

Oh can you tell I'm a little excited myself about being at DLP from next Sunday ;)?

I think the OP is staying offsite (Discovery hotel? ) so wont be eligible for EMH Elaine

Aren't they just staying offsite for one night, on the Saturday, then moving to the DLH from Sunday 29th?

Do you recommend Buffallo Bill show and if so is the level 1 ticket worth the extra price?

The Buffallo Bill show is a lot of fun and well worth a visit, however, I wouldn't pay for the category 1 seating as the extras (non-alcholic cocktail, better seating, small treats with your coffee) you get aren't really worth the price. We went to BB on a Monday and were upgraded free of charge - I think a lot of people were as it was pretty empty. Seating wise; there is a pretty good view wherever you end up seating.

Thank you very much for the detailed advice - Elaine's plan for Sunday makes a lot of sense. I hope I can persuade my family! We are getting excited too!:banana:

I have one more long winded question- we have only 3 evenings and would like to attend Buffalo Bill show. I have been assuming we should go on Sat (when we don't have park tickets). We are also however not on meal plan until we checkin on Sun and will have to pay full price. How busy are the parades/tree lighting on Sunday nights? I think Monday night would be ideal for this since it should be quieter, but worried it could get cancelled due to weather etc. Is the tree ceremony/etc worth doing twice?

Thanks again!
Deirdre

I think you've got the right idea for using a meal voucher to pay for Buffalo Bills :). I'm being very greedy, and intend watching the tree lighting ceremony, Fantillusion, and the castle-lighting every evening I can when we're there ;).

But I think you're right, if you miss it on Sunday, you should find it a lot quieter on Monday to see it all.

The only time I've heard of the evening parades etc being cancelled at DLP was at the start of this year, when it was snowing constantly, and temps were well below freezing the whole time. I honestly don't think this will be an issue when you go, temps look to be about 7 degrees average, and cloud with some sun and a wee bit of rain possibly.

I would definitely use the vouchers for Buffalo Bills rather than paying cash because the prices were crazy! I didn't notice child prices but I think adult prices were 53 euros for standard and 78 for premium! :eek: Our premium vouchers from the DLH only covered the standard price tickets.

It is an extra 15E per adult and child for standard seating in Buffalo Bills when you use a half board plus meal voucher towards the cost of the ticket.

Thanks to everyone for the good advice.

We have decided to move the trip forward a day, and spend an extra night at the Explorer hotel since the rate was reasonable. The kids were so excited about the pool and pirate ship etc., and we wouldn't have had time to try them out otherwise. We will go to Buffalo Bill on Sat and won't waste a disney ticket night on Sun & Mon.

Thanks again - I will post a short report when we get back.

Deirdre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter