Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember watching the aerials progress while Pandora was being built and just thinking how incredible the level of detail and artistry was in the work they were doing. GE looks like they may even outdo that. Not only is it 4 times as large but the variations in the landscape that you can start to see are so amazing. In these latest few sets of photos you can see details on the ground/land, rock work, what looks to be building facades that look like old concrete. I can't wait to see what details the next set of photos show!

I wonder if a bit less detail went into it and they added more entertainment and rides? I like Pandora a lot. But, I would have preferred more things to do in the land, even if it meant the detail was a bit lower.

Less detail into what?
Specifically, there is a lot detail in the fake plants and waterfalls. Yet, they cheaped out and didn't provide any method to understand the story and message the built into that detail (same goes for all the details in the queue areas of both FOP and Navi). You definitely could tell they were telling a story. But, there was nowhere to go to get the detail. I think you could get the message across without all of the minute details. My family misses the great work that went into ToonTown. Seems like there was more to do there but for a lot less money.

Specifically, there is a lot detail in the fake plants and waterfalls. Yet, they cheaped out and didn't provide any method to understand the story and message the built into that detail (same goes for all the details in the queue areas of both FOP and Navi). You definitely could tell they were telling a story. But, there was nowhere to go to get the detail. I think you could get the message across without all of the minute details. My family misses the great work that went into ToonTown. Seems like there was more to do there but for a lot less money.
I am still very confused as to what you are talking about. Pandora has tons of details and story.

Pandora has tons of details and story
I does have TONS of detail. I disagree on the amount of story (except for the ride setup on FOP).

Just suggesting that, lowering the amount of detail might free up some bucks to provide character interaction into the area. Or, provide other enrichment opportunities.

Last edited:

I does have TONS of detail. I disagree on the amount of story (except for the ride setup on FOP).
The story is quite simple actually.

Ok but back into your original point you said you think they added more entertainment and rides but what were you referring to there?

I would have loved to have a "guide" tell us about the alien flora and fauna. Also, tell me where all of the Navi are in the current land? I believe they recently introduced a "mech" into the area. Not sure if that's still around. I think it would be interesting to get more of the backstory from people interacting in the land.

Just suggesting that, lowering the amount of detail might free up some bucks to provide character interaction into the area. Or, provide other enrichment opportunities.

The problem with that idea is that you are talking about two very different streams of money, details are a capitol expenditure but the tour guides would be an ongoing operating expense. Not as easy to take from one and give to the other.

I would have loved to have a "guide" tell us about the alien flora and fauna. Also, tell me where all of the Navi are in the current land? I believe they recently introduced a "mech" into the area. Not sure if that's still around. I think it would be interesting to get more of the backstory from people interacting in the land.

I could be wrong but I believe they did have that at first. They do still have a few around for wilderness explorer badges but I think the ACE guides have been phased out. I would guess a lot of people might miss or walk right by stuff like that because the pathways can get a little congested and they prioritize the rides more.

I could be wrong but I believe they did have that at first. They do still have a few around for wilderness explorer badges but I think the ACE guides have been phased out. I would guess a lot of people might miss or walk right by stuff like that because the pathways can get a little congested and they prioritize the rides more.
They do have the guy in the armored suit that walks around now. That was added earlier this year I believe.

They do have the guy in the armored suit that walks around now. That was added earlier this year I believe.

I did see him when we were there earlier this month. But when the are first opened, weren't there cast members who were acting as ACE guides explaining the backstory along with the flora and fauna of the area or am I conflating things? I know there was also the conservation game through the MDE app but I don't know if that's still active either.

As someone who has seen Avatar once, I found the land very impressive. But had no idea what was going on. There were some placards in the Navi River queue, but we didn't have much time to sit and read them. I really got nothing out of that land, other than it was impressive to look at. I think that's more to the point of the franchise they picked. It just doesn't have a following like a Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc. has. I haven't read a single Harry Potter book, or seen a movie, so that whole area is lost on me too.

Perhaps getting back to their roots and telling Disney stories that last generations is the way to go.

I did see him when we were there earlier this month. But when the are first opened, weren't there cast members who were acting as ACE guides explaining the backstory along with the flora and fauna of the area or am I conflating things? I know there was also the conservation game through the MDE app but I don't know if that's still active either.
Yes I believe so. They also just added a new play Disney Parks game to the app that is for Pandora.

Is there any talk of moving Star Tours within SWGE? Seems a bit weird to have it off a bit divided by muppets and pizzaRizzo

Is there any talk of moving Star Tours within SWGE? Seems a bit weird to have it off a bit divided by muppets and pizzaRizzo
Nothing has been confirmed yet, but one rumor is that muppets, ST, the indy stunt show, and maybe a part of echo lake will be transformed into a new Indy land.
All in flux right now, a lot of moving parts and just one of a few possibilities. Disney is committed to Epcot next, but also recognizes that DHS is at least 2 lands away from being completely renovated. There is also concern of a recession on the horizon. I dont think we'll hear anything concrete on new expansions at DHS until 2020/2021.

That would be a significant undertaking. The motion platforms require a very solid foundation to handle the loads. Basically they would have to build an entirely new building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter