Status
Not open for further replies.
93fdd863-dd43-4f5f-862d-8d25dfb51588-jpeg.392917

In seeing this view, it doesn't look like the parking lot is going to be big enough for the influx of people they are expecting for SWGE. :scared1:

Maybe a "phased closure" on occasion?

93fdd863-dd43-4f5f-862d-8d25dfb51588-jpeg.392917

In seeing this view, it doesn't look like the parking lot is going to be big enough for the influx of people they are expecting for SWGE. :scared1:
Well it used to be even smaller. That whole section on the right is new. Some of that is cast parking but if that space is needed for guests they will likely have cast start parking elsewhere.

Maybe a "phased closure" on occasion?

I think end of August / Labor Day weekend for sure, and again for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The way the phases are set up, they'll close the parking lot to outside guests before they'd turn away onsite guests, so there's really a point where they don't need additional parking capacity. There's people enough coming in on boat, bus, and soon gondola.

Any thoughts on the light poles behind Germany and the illuminations storage area? Those look more like customer facing walkway lamps rather than like back stage lighting for employees etc.
Strikes as odd to to put those in without anything else on the ground, unless maybe a drone landing pad or something.

Any thoughts on the light poles behind Germany and the illuminations storage area? Those look more like customer facing walkway lamps rather than like back stage lighting for employees etc.
Strikes as odd to to put those in without anything else on the ground, unless maybe a drone landing pad or something.
Yeah its expected this is a prep or launch or something like that area for the new fireworks show.

Would love to see some aerials of the new DVC resort being build between the WL and FW (old River Country area). We are avid visitors to FW and are very concerned about the impact it will have on the Fort. Thanks in advance if some can be found and posted.

Would love to see some aerials of the new DVC resort being build between the WL and FW (old River Country area). We are avid visitors to FW and are very concerned about the impact it will have on the Fort. Thanks in advance if some can be found and posted.

I'm not sure ground's been broken yet, though I think I heard they're dismantling whatever River Country bits are left.

It was only announced in November,
https://www.disboards.com/threads/reflections-a-disney-lakeside-lodge.3719685/

[Edit] Site work at River Country began in March
D14tEVRXgAA5rNg.jpg

https://twitter.com/MickeyViews/status/1106259634241896448

Last edited:

I'm not sure ground's been broken yet, though I think I heard they're dismantling whatever River Country bits are left.

It was only announced in November,
https://www.disboards.com/threads/reflections-a-disney-lakeside-lodge.3719685/

[Edit] Site work at River Country began in March
D14tEVRXgAA5rNg.jpg

https://twitter.com/MickeyViews/status/1106259634241896448
Yes, they have started, we were just there at the end of March. Lots of work next to the Settlement bus stop and between WL and the Fort. Lots of fencing put up and they have moved the employee parking to the grassy area right behind Trails End. They have also started tearing up the beach area. It is really sad to see all this going on so close to the Fort. Here are a few ground shots, but I was really hoping to see from the air to really get a grasp on how close it will really be.
IMG_1631.jpg IMG_1632.jpg IMG_1633.jpg IMG_1634.jpg IMG_20190328_151855500.jpg

Just FYI, I was at EPCOT yesterday, this is my favorite thread, so I was well aware of all the construction. If I didn't know it was going on, I wouldn't have noticed it, my girlfriend certainly had no idea.

am i the only one that thinks there is a lot of wasted space with all those trees in galaxy's edge? I assume it was done to give the illusion you are really there and a dense forest leading away from black spire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter