Aerosmith Rockin Roller Coaster name change

A friend of mine is a cast member and he works the Rockin Roller coaster at Hollywood Studios. He heard that once the contract with Aerosmith is over they are not renewing it and want to change the name of the coaster. They want it to be Disney branded with a Disney movie or star. The rumor is Hannah Montana is to replace Aerosmith as the star of the ride. I can see it now the "Hannah Montana Sparkle Express". LOL. Don't be suprised if Aerosmith no longer at some point will be associated with this ride.

Considering that Miley and Billy Ray are apparently trying to bail on Hannah Montana.... I doubt that will be the new theme.

Do you think maybe Disney will do the same thing Universal is going to do with their new coaster??? Maybe you would select from a list of different songs and they will make a video based on your selection... Of course, this would mean getting the rights to these songs...

Ah, boo. I love the pre-ride video, as corny as it is lol.

Rockin' Rollercoaster is one of my favorites and I LOVE the single rider line because I can ride it over & over in a matter of minutes, but honestly, the pre-ride video almost makes me not want to. It's okay... in moderation.

Whatever they change it to, they should mix up the pre-ride videos a bit and have a variety (maybe randomized like the drop s on the Tower??)

Well... It would be a mistake if Disney decides to make it into a "Hannah Montana" Roller Coaster. The First thing is, many people that have never been to Disney may think the coaster is for girls and not for guys. Also, if Miley Cyrus is already thinking about quitting the show (According to the lastest TV Gossip) then it would be a bad decision for Disney if she does try and quit. Unless her contract stretches far out.

I would never ride Rocknroller coaster again if it changed to any of the Disney Channel Stars. I personally love the ride the way it is and the pre-show is one of my favorites throughout the property. Aerosmith is still pretty popular imo, and I don't see Disney changing its name soon.

When Hanes signed on as a sponsor, there were several posts about RNRC changing names, etc. - when all they did was spruce up the outside and stick a Hanes logo on the sign.

But we are closing in on 10 years, next July - which seems a likely length of the original contract to use Aerosmith. I would think that Disney would try to renew at some reasonable amount first rather than go through the expense of a rehab to replace the imagery, etc.

A Muppets theme might allow them to save some of the existing theme though.

I would never ride Rocknroller coaster again if it changed to any of the Disney Channel Stars. I personally love the ride the way it is and the pre-show is one of my favorites throughout the property. Aerosmith is still pretty popular imo, and I don't see Disney changing its name soon.

Seriously??? :scared: That's a bold statement. Reminds me of the nay-sayers who spew "I will never go to_________park again if Disney does_______________."

We hadn't been in the park for about a year when we went in July. That was when I noticed the sponsorship by Hanes--couldn't really miss it since it was very boldy printed on the guitar pick! It was worth a few laughs since my kids and their dad always rate the rides by "pee" factor--yup gross I know but it goes from "peed a little on that one" to "back to the resort!" BTW no-one really pees--just clarifying for the flames I will get when someone doesn't read this correctly! We thought they were just sponsoring so they could readily supply them with freshies after the ride!:lmao:

lol well anyways... I would definetly go for muppets, Hannah Montanna? That would be a horrible decision. lol the background music while you are on the ride "lifes what you make it so let's make it rock!" That would be interesting... heh I would rather Beaker sang the whole time, and I hope the muppets make a comeback.

Would you really boycott DHS because the name changed, but not the ride?

First of all I didn't say that I would boycott HS. I said that I would no longer have a reason to go to HS.
RnR is my favorite coaster in all of Disney.
HS is a small park imo, with very few attractions that I am interested in. RnR is the main draw for me. It is the headliner, as it was originally intended. I also think that Aerosmith's music has appeal across the generations, from those who remember them from their early days to the kids that I see moving to their music in the pre show.
The music for the ride was carefully choreographed to work with the pitches and rolls of the ride. To change the musicians, the preshow, and the music that coincides with the ride would change the experiance completely for me.
I guess I'll be spending more time at MK!

Well according to someone who went on the backstage magic tour, here is what the guide told them:

"Also, Disney had originally intended to change the band associated with the ride every so often (few years), but Aerosmith's lawyers found a loophole in the contract, and so it will always be Rock 'n' Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith!"

Here is a link to the source, he spells out all the stuff on the tour so major spoiler alert.

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/jo28.html

While Aerosmith's music is not outdated, I think the band's image is...

I've also been doing some reading, and the whole Hanes/Disney/Muppets connection is making more sense to me...

Besides the fact that Hanes is the new sponsor for the R&RC...Hanes also teamed up with Jim Henson Co. back in 2002 for an apparell deal.

If Hanes is already onboard with the Muppets, who's to say that another attraction wasn't part of the deal when Disney bought the rights to sell muppet merchandise...?

They've always wanted to sell more muppet stuff, What better way?

Just something to ponder...:confused3

But we are closing in on 10 years, next July - which seems a likely length of the original contract to use Aerosmith. I would think that Disney would try to renew at some reasonable amount first rather than go through the expense of a rehab to replace the imagery, etc.

Not to mention that there's also a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris. Would they also have to retheme that one? If so, Disney would probably rather renew with Aerosmith than retheme both rides.

Aerosmith is big on liscensing themselves out to companies. They will probably want to keep it.

ohh no! This deeply disturbs me... the Aerosmith music is just PERFECT for this ride, and it really is a big part of why I LOVELOVELOVE this ride so much and ride it multiple times every time I visit! Anytime I hear any of their songs on the radio I immediately feel like I'm walking in/around the RnRC building. I desperately hope this is a rumor. I can't imagine the ride being half as good without Aerosmith involved. :confused3

Hopefully if they actually DO go through with this they'll choose another Classic band, DEFINITELY not any Disney Channel stars, I'm 16 and that would probably sway me away from this..and the muppets? IDK...I vaguely remember watching them as a child and I honestly have no attachment or interest in the Muppets..so I don't like that idea either. I feel like the ride would turn into more of a joke...

NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!! I absolutely LOVE Aerosmith! I will be seriously bummed out if/when they change it!:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter