Aerosmith Rockin Roller Coaster name change

i think they should just get rid of aerosmith keep the rock n roller coaster theme then while you are waiting in the line to go on the coster they should give out a menu type thing with a bunch a songs and let you chose before you go on the ride then you just type in the number of the song you want to hear then your all set listening to your favorite song. I think that's an awesome feature of the ride, listening to the loud music. but again i'm sure they would have to pay to use the songs but ohhh well i still like the idea

While I have loved the Electric Mayhem since I first saw them on tv, I cannot say that they have any tunes that would fit the theme of Rock-n-roll the way Aerosmith does. Unless they do some new cover recordings of classic tunes the ride would not have the same impact.

i think they should just get rid of aerosmith keep the rock n roller coaster theme then while you are waiting in the line to go on the coster they should give out a menu type thing with a bunch a songs and let you chose before you go on the ride then you just type in the number of the song you want to hear then your all set listening to your favorite song. I think that's an awesome feature of the ride, listening to the loud music. but again i'm sure they would have to pay to use the songs but ohhh well i still like the idea

That's exactly what Universal's next roller coaster is doing. You pick the track you want to listen to and they video it.

I highly doubt Disney is stupid enough to theme an extreme thrill ride to a TV show that appeals to a completely different audience. At the worst, I could see them licensing songs from assorted bands to play instead of Aerosmith. Muppets is probably too far-fetched as well.

I also thought they would renew with MGM to keep that name, but you guessed it they didn't renew the contract on that. So you never know what they have on their minds.

If you start to look at the attractions they have been popping up or refurbishing, they seem to be either Toy Story or Monsters Inc related. Almost all of the rides in Tommorrowland are now either Monsters or Toy Story and Stitch. Alien Encounter use to be there, all they did was change some things and the title and put Stitch in it, it isn't anygood anymore. Then they took out the Timekeeper to put in Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Before all of that they refurbed Dream Flight backed out of the contract with them and re-did the inside of the ride and turned it into Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin.

They now have a policy that when they put in a new attraction it is also put in another park as well, not just one park. With the exception to Everest. When they put in Toy Story Mania it also was being put in in California.

It wouldn't suprise me if the Aerosmith connection eventually goes away from that ride at some point. It could easily be done. Nothing lasts forever.

I just wish they would quit putting rides in related to Toy Story, Nemo, Monsters etc. The Living Seas ride is now Nemo. The other ride was pretty good too.

But if you look back when Walt built Disneyland the whole idea was to promote Disney's movies and TV shows. It seems all the new attractions are definately leaning that way. Aerosmith has nothing to do with Disney, except being in the park.

The expense to rehab the imagery in the ride would be less expensive than a total new ride or overhaul. I don't put nothing past them. But that is the word going around with the cast members at the coaster. Is a new name and definately Aerosmith to be dropped eventually.

When Hanes signed on as a sponsor, there were several posts about RNRC changing names, etc. - when all they did was spruce up the outside and stick a Hanes logo on the sign.

But we are closing in on 10 years, next July - which seems a likely length of the original contract to use Aerosmith. I would think that Disney would try to renew at some reasonable amount first rather than go through the expense of a rehab to replace the imagery, etc.

A Muppets theme might allow them to save some of the existing theme though.

I don't think they would neccessarily renew than refurb both locations of the ride. That is according to what the cost of the renew of the contract would be. I'm sure it would be cheaper to refurb than renew the contract. Changing the elements in both locations would be no more than when they put in the same attractions at two different parks, which is now company policy.

Not to mention that there's also a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris. Would they also have to retheme that one? If so, Disney would probably rather renew with Aerosmith than retheme both rides.

I haven't heard that one. Considering it was renewed for the season. Haven't heard anything from Billy about it. I use to work for Billy at one time. I'm sure Disney will try to milk as much as they can out of a hot selling thing.

They are putting in the American Idol show in at the studios. A little too late on that one I think, as that show has been on for several seasons now, and I believe it's gonna be winding down soon. I think this may be the last season of that, it can't go on for much longer.

Considering that Miley and Billy Ray are apparently trying to bail on Hannah Montana.... I doubt that will be the new theme.

I also heard a rumor that it would be re-themed with the "Electric Mayhem..."
(for those of you who don't know, that's the band from the Muppets with Animal on the Drums)
As a muppets fan I think that would be AWESOME!!!

Just a thought I was having...
Maybe when Aerosmith's Contract expires Disney plans to change it to the Monster's Inc. Roller Coaster. (Just a thought) ;)

Just a thought I was having...
Maybe when Aerosmith's Contract expires Disney plans to change it to the Monster's Inc. Roller Coaster. (Just a thought) ;)

While the thought may seem appropriate, I don't think so. The Monsters Inc coaster is supposed to be in Pixar's Place- also, strong rumor has it that it'll be a themed indoor junior/family, suspended Vekoma creation similar to the train below
SSFC02.jpg

In order for a new Monster's coaster to work, it would have to be a little more kid friendly than rnr... please don't start posting comments about how your 5 yr. old rode rnr. I know... my 5 yr old niece rode it too,... but the new coast wouldn't exactly be a "roller" coaster (i.e. no inversions and slower speeds)... just a coaster with a nifty theme.

Wait, wait a minute, they just can't let Aerosmith stop hosting the ride. You know how they feel about their fans.

They should keep the name, and get these people some backstage passes.

Honestly, I hope Miley Cyrus does not replace a classic band like Aerosmith! God, I can't stand her. Hah, the sparkle express does sound like it. But she is a bad role model, and I'm hearing Disney isn't coping too well with little miss pop star, so I think it should be something different.

I just cant see how you could re-theme a thrill ride with Hanna Montana or the Muppets. It just seems to me that RnR is a more adult coaster and not many little ones would be able to get on it, let alone enjoy it. Now im sure there is another rock and roll band that could take Aerosmith's place (not that I want that). If it aint broke, please dont try and fix it!!!

Can you just hear Stacey saying....

"Love roller coasters....love Hannah Montana.....Hellooooo?"

:eek:

Bring in Panic! At The Disco, very fast songs and would match the ride perfectly. A fast paced song with no bad things in it would be The Only Difference Between Martydom and Suicide Is Press Covereage. Now before you get on my about the title alone, yes I know the title usually means a song full of curses and bad things, but in this case no, it doesn't in P!ATD's case most of their songs barely relate to the title. Go listen to the song and you'll see what I mean.

EDIT : I could also see paramore with their songs on rnr too, that vwould be cool.

Bring in Panic! At The Disco, very fast songs and would match the ride perfectly. A fast paced song with no bad things in it would be The Only Difference Between Martydom and Suicide Is Press Covereage. Now before you get on my about the title alone, yes I know the title usually means a song full of curses and bad things, but in this case no, it doesn't in P!ATD's case most of their songs barely relate to the title. Go listen to the song and you'll see what I mean.

EDIT : I could also see paramore with their songs on rnr too, that vwould be cool.

Umm... Panic! doesn't necessarily have that universal appeal that even Aerosmith has. (huge Panic! fan btw)

We were just there last month and I mentioned my fear that Disney would try to tie in their Hannah Montana franchise into the RNRC when the Aerosmith contract expired. Yes re-upping with Aerosmith would make little sense given what the future might hold in the next ten years for the band but Hannah would turn off a lot of riders (my family included).

Our idea - why not tie in something that every teenager cannot seem to get enough of - video games! Either re-theme the ride to "Rock Band" or "Guitar Hero" - Disney would never have to worry about a single band becoming dated and there are unlimited songs and bands in these games to appeal to all riders. I also think there could be ways to use the games to make the ride more interactive - maybe even have the rider play along as they ride.:teacher:

Let us know what you think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter