• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Afew questions

Marion85

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Once again I have to praise everyone for their kind words and advice to anyone and everyone here. Thanks:thumbsup2 :woohoo: :thumbsup2 .

1st question. I have a decision to make, I'm due to stay at the sequoia lodge for 3 nights on 18th jan. Lately reading reviews I've been thinking of upgrading to better/nearer hotel. I'm have two choices go for a room at the HNY for £309 more. I've heard the hotel new york is not child friendly is this true? I'm really not sure what to do would appreciate some advice from you learned people on which one is best

2nd question. Does anyone have any advice on where I could get a cheap ski suit for a boy aged 18 mths?

Thanks again for everyones help ;)

Marion

the choice is disneyland hotel standard room for £312 more or hotel new york empire state club suite for £309 more.* Sorry about that. :laughing: :rolleyes1

Can't help you with the first question but plenty of people on here have stayed there with kids. Lidl are selling ski suits at the moment for £7.99. Bargain!:thumbsup2

HNY is kid friendly! It's in disney!! I'm not sure if it has a little play area like Sequoia does though.

Have you tried H&M? Often do ski clothing, and also Tchibo if you have one of those. TK maxx could be good too.

Definitely go for DLH!!! :)

Will make your trip a lot easier with a little one! A lot less walking if he needs a nap or a warm up. :)

Just read your extra bit. We did something similar. I upgraded from SL to DLH because I knew it was a 'now or never' chance because of finances. Friends of ours had a suite at HNY and rated it very highly. The lounge and VIP fastpasses were excellent apparently. However, if you're going in January, would you really make use of the fastpasses?:confused3

TK Maxx sells snowsuits, or if you have one locally, try Go Outdoors, that's where we got Lotties from. Failing that, ebay is always good for a bargain.

I really do quite the Hotel New York and it is fine for the kids. To be honest, with the differential in money, then I would say go for the DLH - it is the best on property and the very best for kids (though the SL has a better pool if that is important to you).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter