Affiliation~Disney Passholder on MDE for Magic Bands

LVSWL

Dis Veteran
I was on MDE choosing my magicband colors for our upcoming trip. They was a choice for the first part of the trip, and a choice for the second part of the trip. The part that was new to me was a third choice that said Affiliation~Disney Passholder. Should I be filling this one out too? Thanks!

I was on MDE choosing my magicband colors for our upcoming trip. They was a choice for the first part of the trip, and a choice for the second part of the trip. The part that was new to me was a third choice that said Affiliation~Disney Passholder. Should I be filling this one out too? Thanks!
Do you have a new AP?

Your AP includes a Magic Band as well. You can choose one, but don't have to. The AP Magic Band is supposed to come with a Passholder slider although they don't always. Otherwise, there is no difference.

Did you already get an AP Magic Band for that AP?
No, but the AP "showed up" and we were able to go through the Passholder entrance. This is the first time I have seen this on our MDE. The tickets were linked for our last trip (11/18-12/8/18) but not activated when I ordered my magic bands. Just didn't know if we should also choose a color for the AP ones listed on MDE. What do you think?

No, but the AP "showed up" and we were able to go through the Passholder entrance. This is the first time I have seen this on our MDE. The tickets were linked for our last trip (11/18-12/8/18) but not activated when I ordered my magic bands. Just didn't know if we should also choose a color for the AP ones listed on MDE. What do you think?

They are free to you.
They cost Disney next to nothing.
You can then have separate MBs in multiple colors, if you like.
You'd have "extras" if you should lose any.

No downside that I can see.

Go for it.

They are free to you.
They cost Disney next to nothing.
You can then have separate MBs in multiple colors, if you like.
You'd have "extras" if you should lose any.

No downside that I can see.

Go for it.
Thanks!!

We always order our AP bands too - and we take an extra set on each trip. Just this past trip my son lost his and we had an "extra" one so we did not have to go the front desk to get another one. Works great!

Remember that MBs are interchangeable. Your AP won’t be attached to just one band. Your AP is connected to your MDE account and every active MB you have can “see” that AP. So you can get three different colors this trip if you want.

Just to mention to those curious, the option to order a MB for an AP won't show up in MDE until you've entered the park using your AP at least once. That's why you never saw it before

I filled out my AP one but didn't receive the slider. It's out of stock. They predicting til March. I won't be a passholder then :(

I filled out my AP one but didn't receive the slider. It's out of stock. They predicting til March. I won't be a passholder then :(

They told us the same thing. We won't be able to get ours until we go in May. I'm not sure I fully understand why/how they can be out of stock. Was there some kind of run on AP sliders making them highly sought after and they're now only available on the black market or something? Weird but no biggie. We're in Canada so they won't even ship our AP bands to us; I could pick them up in Feb but we're going in Feb, May, probably Sep and probably Dec staying on site so I'll have way more than I need anyway (although I will get different ones in order to colour coordinate my outfit daily).

While the extra MB's are nice, and the AP sliders are also nice, there are really no extra perks involved. The only nice thing about the AP sliders are that when we remember to wear them it prompts the cashier to ask about the AP discount that I always forget to mention as I am paying. If they see it then they usually ask about it. As far as the AP entrance goes they are nice, but what we have seen is that anyone can use that entrance even non AP folks, and for some reason every time we go it seems to be one of the longer lines. We just look for the shortest line an head towards it. We declined our last AP bands because we sort of collect MB's. We have a bunch and actually bought a retail watch display from Amazon. Like the ones in stores and it holds like 36 bands. I am almost embarised to say that it is full. We like the specialty ones like F&W, and MNSSHP ones because they do special displays when you enter the park. The F&W makes the sound of a champagne cork popping and gives a multi color display instead of the standard green circle.

We have a bunch of bands linked to our account and so trip planning and packing now also includes deciding which bands we will be sporting on our trip.

They told us the same thing. We won't be able to get ours until we go in May. I'm not sure I fully understand why/how they can be out of stock. Was there some kind of run on AP sliders making them highly sought after and they're now only available on the black market or something? Weird but no biggie. We're in Canada so they won't even ship our AP bands to us; I could pick them up in Feb but we're going in Feb, May, probably Sep and probably Dec staying on site so I'll have way more than I need anyway (although I will get different ones in order to colour coordinate my outfit daily).

In the past, the passholder slider had the year printed on them. Not sure if the current design does, but maybe it's a sign that they are bringing out a new design for 2019, but it hasn't come in yet.

Edit: just used Google images. Looks like, at least recently, the slider was a cool orange design (featuring the Mickey from orange AP logo) but with no year on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter