• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Afflac Claims

happily single

Left foot first!
Hello Dis'ers,
DISCLAIMER: YES, I could contact my representative, which I have, but I am looking for personal experiences.

Is anyone familiar with filing a claim through Afflac? I have both accident and disability policies through my employer. (blushing) The day after Thanksgiving I fell down several steps at my house which resulted in me going to the Urgent Care over the weekend.

I realized "Hey, I have Afflac". I contacted my rep who told me to just submit a claim on-line, which I did.

The docs I submitted were just the discharge papers from the urgent care. My rep said they do not need to bill from the visit.

Is it really that simple? Will my Urgent Care visit really be a covered expense?

Thanks

Should be covered and you shouldn't have to do anything else.

Discharge papers have not been enough for us (at least sometimes). We have had to submit the doctor's report.

The other possibility is because our Afflac is set up via a corporate account, we can't submit online. We have to fill in the forms and email to our rep.

My sister has Aflac and submitted a claim from taking my niece to the ER after a fall at school. She also submitted the release papers and received a check about a week later.

If you sent in the paperwork showing a billed charge, then yes that is all you will need to send in to get the Dr visit fee paid. Now, if you had any procedures done - X-ray's, cast/splint - then, yes you will need to submit the Dr's itemized billing invoice. **Just remember to read your policy and know what is paid for each segment of your claim. One of the girls here thought, if she had a $50.00 co-pay at the Urgent Care, she would get that amount back from Aflac paid as a DR visit. No, it's just $20.00 paid for an office visit. Doesn't matter if it is an Urgent Care facility or regular DR office. Only going to the ER pays differently.

I have four Aflac policies. I have the two you have, as well as the Cancer and Illness policies. Someone asked me why so many. Being adopted and having ZERO clue as to family health history, Cancer and Illness, just seem like a good "insurance" policy just in case something is hereditary. And with two kids active in multiple activities, the Accident policy was a must. And after all of the illness DH has had since 2011, the Illness policy has been a blessing.

Yep, it's that easy and don't forget to file your wellness claims every year. I have accident and an old hospital indemity which is no longer offered and both have wellness money. You just need to get a physical or mamo or a few other choices for annual check ups and submit the paper work on line. I get $60 from each policy for my annual mamo.

Yep, it's that easy and don't forget to file your wellness claims every year. I have accident and an old hospital indemity which is no longer offered and both have wellness money. You just need to get a physical or mamo or a few other choices for annual check ups and submit the paper work on line. I get $60 from each policy for my annual mamo.

Cool. I am actually going for a mammogram tomorrow. But I don't think I have the wellness policy, just accident and disabilit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter