Affordable Luggage at Disney?

LuthienDragon

Mouseketeer
I am being quoted $60 usd each way by the airline to check-in luggage, the plan is to go empty and bring it back full with Disney merch. I am thinking if I would be able to purchase a nice Disney luggage or even at the nearby outlet for that same price (29 inch or 30 inch) so I only have to pay for the return.

Have you guys seen current luggage prices? I don't see any at ShopDisney. TIA!

I think my local Target sold some Disney-themed luggage. Check the website.

I am being quoted $60 usd each way by the airline to check-in luggage, the plan is to go empty and bring it back full with Disney merch. I am thinking if I would be able to purchase a nice Disney luggage or even at the nearby outlet for that same price (29 inch or 30 inch) so I only have to pay for the return.

Have you guys seen current luggage prices? I don't see any at ShopDisney. TIA!

At Disney and even on Shop Disney (when in stock), those will run around over $100 (29-30 inch ones).
Check the local outlets, Target, WalMart

Are you taking luggage with your clothes and stuff in it? What we did before was put our clothes in the medium suitcase and then put the medium suitcase inside the large suitcase and checked it. That way we had an empty one for the return trip, but didn't have to pay the fee for that empty one going down.

OP: It might actually cost you less to ship everything back home, assuming you're in the continental US. If not, then just ignore this!

Are you taking luggage with your clothes and stuff in it? What we did before was put our clothes in the medium suitcase and then put the medium suitcase inside the large suitcase and checked it. That way we had an empty one for the return trip, but didn't have to pay the fee for that empty one going down.
This is exactly what I would do.

I already paid for the carry-on ($30 bucks), so I am taking my clothes and stuff there but I don't have a checked-in bag yet! I wanna buy souvenirs and merch!

I got one last month from Riviera for my birthday present and it was $200. Then the airline messed it up immediately on the way home. Maybe it would be better to order a cheaper one from Walmart or something and have it delivered?

You could have it delivered with your grocery order from wal-mart. Then you'd be able to carry the groceries up with it too LOL.

I got a small roller suit case at the Disney outlet about a year ago for $19.99 it is a large kid size but is the same size as my small grown up suitcase. It's silver with pink trim and princess logos on it. When dd and I went back for a weekend (2 nights one full day in park) we both used that once suit case.. basically it's the size of a weekender bag. But those deals are kinda golden egg deals but I would think the local target or Walmart would have some cheapish luggage with a theme because that whole area is saturated with disney

OP: It might actually cost you less to ship everything back home, assuming you're in the continental US. If not, then just ignore this!

I wouldn't count on it. I was in Orlando for work last spring (February/March) and I decided to ship a bunch of the stuff I obtained to home and it was something like $110 to go ground from Orlando to Phoenix.

Aloha
I bought a big duffle bag that folds up into a small pouch. Stick it in my suitcase, saves big on fees it is so light weight less then a pound, so plenty room and weight for all my goodies I bought It is not disney themed but I do use a disney luggage tag.

I bought a big duffle bag that folds up into a small pouch. Stick it in my suitcase, saves big on fees it is so light weight less then a pound, so plenty room and weight for all my goodies I bought It is not disney themed but I do use a disney luggage tag.
I agree with a packable duffle. You can use the packable duffle for your dirty clothes and then use your more sturdy case for anything else. I question though why anyone would buy an entire suitcase of merchandise on a trip. Are you some sort of ebay reseller and hope to capitalize on potential resale value? My souvenirs are usually a tshirt, magnet and maybe some other random souvenir but certainly not a suitcase full of items.

I agree with a packable duffle. You can use the packable duffle for your dirty clothes and then use your more sturdy case for anything else. I question though why anyone would buy an entire suitcase of merchandise on a trip. Are you some sort of ebay reseller and hope to capitalize on potential resale value? My souvenirs are usually a tshirt, magnet and maybe some other random souvenir but certainly not a suitcase full of items.

Nope, I don't live in the USA, so I can't orden thru ShopDisney (plus other online stores) like a normal person would. So I save up as much as I can and make a list of things I want throughout the year (this also applies to US-exclusive medicines, snacks and other collectibles).
It's not only for Disney stuff.

For example, years prior I have bought gaming consoles or electronics like phones, because if I were to purchase them in my country they would literally be double the price. Last year I bought my super awesome computer for mere $800 usd, if I had bought it here, it would have been at least the equivalent of $2k usd. So I do plan on going to an outlet and a mall if I can. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter