aft on Fantasy

I was in stateroom 7650 on a November '18 cruise on the Fantasy, didn't have any issues with vibrations. I was worried as I kept reading comments on this board about the aft vibrations.

We have been in 8656 and 8658 for both Eastern and Western on the Fantasy. There have been times when we have felt the vibration and on the this past Eastern (at Thanksgiving) the last night it wasn't the vibration it was more of the ship movement that bothered us.

We love these 2 cabins. Right off the staircase, easy access to Cabanas and the pool, easy access to Animator's palace. Laundry is almost directly on the other side of the ship. And as the dad controlling the purse strings, these cabins are a fair distance to the shops! LOL.

These are the only 2 cabins we would book going forward. I wouldn't change a thing.
We were on that Thanksgivings one too, on 5th floor near the aft elevators. Another night there was a weird vibration that would come and go, but without a real rhythm. Lots of rocking the last night back to port.

I was at the Meridian Lounge, which is aft on deck 12, in early Dec. and it was very noticeable. I was also assigned a cabin lower down on our previous cruise and it was so bad that they gave us a 2nd room, mid ship, just to sleep in.

Does anyone have ant recent experiences with the aft rooms on Fantasy? How far from the aft elevators is it "safe"?

Does anyone have ant recent experiences with the aft rooms on Fantasy? How far from the aft elevators is it "safe"?

I don’t know about the rooms since ours was midship but we noticed major vibration in the Skyline lounge (everything was shaking in that room) and Animators Palette, so I would probably avoid rooms that would be in the areas above those. I had read about it but was really surprised by just how bad it was.

We didn’t stay in an aft cabin but the vibration was noticeable whenever we were in an aft area, especially in the evening. It put us off from ever wanting to book aft on the Fantasy.

Yikes, we are booked in 6688 on Fantasy for cruise later this year. I have always wanted an aft balcony so I was excited to see I could get one. Vibrations don't normally bother me, but some of these posts make it sound really bad...

Apologies for veering slightly off topic... we have an aft stateroom booked on deck 10 (Dream). Are the fireworks visible from the verandah? Like if you stand by the rail with your back to the water? Thx.

I don’t know about the rooms since ours was midship but we noticed major vibration in the Skyline lounge (everything was shaking in that room) and Animators Palette, so I would probably avoid rooms that would be in the areas above those. I had read about it but was really surprised by just how bad it was.
I complained to guest services about the skyline lounge. They held a mixology class in there. There was terrible vibrations that caused audible discomfort. This led to the director coming and having a conversation with us one night at dinner. This location is the only place I have exprienced issues with the Fantasy and Vibration, and we have sailed her a lot.
Yikes, we are booked in 6688 on Fantasy for cruise later this year. I have always wanted an aft balcony so I was excited to see I could get one. Vibrations don't normally bother me, but some of these posts make it sound really bad...
Just don't leave empty hangers on the rod the last night at sea. It'll be grand!
Apologies for veering slightly off topic... we have an aft stateroom booked on deck 10 (Dream). Are the fireworks visible from the verandah? Like if you stand by the rail with your back to the water? Thx.
The starboard verandah corner room will be one that you can. We were in 10658. You should be able to see pretty well all the way to the center rooms, like 10664, especially on deck 10. Anything past that good luck. Hopefully some other people will chime in.

We stayed in 7152 last year and did not notice any vibration. This year we were in 9120 and again, no noticeable vibration. However, we did have to pull hangers from the closet on the last night as they were rattling, but we have had to do that on the Magic and the Wonder.
For those inquiring: we also watched fireworks from both verandas. :)

The starboard verandah corner room will be one that you can. We were in 10658. You should be able to see pretty well all the way to the center rooms, like 10664, especially on deck 10. Anything past that good luck. Hopefully some other people will chime in.

We are on Dream - 10166, which I think is pretty much in the center.

We were in 10650, just past the aft elevators and the vibrations weren't bad until we headed back towards Castaway. Our room was vibrating for at least 24 hours straight. It made sleeping a challenge as the vibrations kept waking us up. My husband swears he'll never do after again after that.

We were in 7508 on the fantasy last April and it was fine. Minor vibrations getting into port, if that, but no complaints here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter