After 3 Years Away it's the Newport Bay TR!

ExpatDisneyLover

DIS Veteran
Ok I apologize for the cheesy title - just couldn't help myself. :)

After moving back to the USA three years ago from Turkey, and helping mom through hip replacement surgery, I began to search for teaching jobs.

One day I decided to see what kind of jobs Disney had for teachers and lo and behold I found a job that seemed to suit me well. I am a self confessed travel addict and a Disney addict! I love living overseas, teaching and Disney - and so somewhat magically, my perfect Disney job appeared - teaching little ones English in China - a place I had never been to before. That was a year ago and I haven't posted much about it but it must have stuck because I am renewing for another year!

ry%3D400

This is my on boarding group with Disney English a year ago.

ry%3D400

We wore costumes for halloween last year - of course being from Texas I wanted the cowgirl outfit!

Well, one of the benefits of my Disney job is a Silver Pass - which works sort of like an annual pass and allows me entrance to HKDL, DLRP, WDW and DL in California - Tokyo doesn't count unfortunately. I have my second trip to HKDL coming up in December.

ry%3D400

I love HKDL and consider it my home park for now but after owning an annual pass for DLRP (when I lived in Turkey), I just had to see what's new in Paris! I haven't seen Ratatouille or Dreams!:sad2:

February and Chinese New Year is our longest break and with 10 days off I just had to see what was new at Disneyland Resort Paris! :goodvibes So amazingly I decided to try the Newport Bay Club - I couldn't resist the new look!

Other than that I don't have many plans - except to enjoy some good meals and to see all the things I haven't seen yet. :cloud9:

So feel free to let me know what has changed and what's new!

Last edited:
Thats a lovely catch-up post Jill, and what a wonderful opportunity to be teaching in China :goodvibes.

Enjoy planning your 2 upcoming trips!!

Do most people carry cash or just use ATM machines to get Euros upon arrival at the airport or at Disneyland Resort?

Coming from Beijing I am not sure what will work best. I have a China Union Pay bank card - not sure if it will work in ATM machines in France - googled it - two bank systems in France accept Union Pay but does anyone know which bank services the ATM system at Disneyland Park? Is it better to just plan to use my US bank card and/or Visa?

:confused3

How about using prepaid travel cards? Anyone used Travelex Cash Passport?

Thanks for any insight!:)

Hmm - will just start a new thread with this question!

We take some cash and then I charge most of our spends to our hotel easypass and pay with my debit card when we check out. It means 1 foreign currency charge instead of dozens. I've never had one of the prepaid cards.

We take some cash and then I charge most of our spends to our hotel easypass and pay with my debit card when we check out. It means 1 foreign currency charge instead of dozens. I've never had one of the prepaid cards.

Thank you! I am definitely considering that option.

Does anyone have any feedback on how the renovations at the NPB are coming along? What could I expect if I arrive in about a month?

Thanks for any information!:)

Oh please tell me it's true! I've heard rumours that hot items like eggs are now standard for breakfast at the Newport Bay Club. Can anyone confirm??? I hope this is the case next month when I go!

pixiedust:

The last I read said that breakfast was continental - at least that was the last from Trip Advisor - so I think the hot items were a one off just for the holidays. Anyway - I will expect breakfast as usual and will be happy to pay extra for hot items if I want them.

:surfweb:

Sorry - I'd meant to write earlier and I'd thought I had. You must be super excited! It's a pity the refurbishment isn't further along but hopefully you'll get to try out the fancy new rooms :)
What are your day plans or meal plans?
I'm envious of your ticker!! Not long til SDD :dance3:

Sorry - I'd meant to write earlier and I'd thought I had. You must be super excited! It's a pity the refurbishment isn't further along but hopefully you'll get to try out the fancy new rooms :)
What are your day plans or meal plans?
I'm envious of your ticker!! Not long til SDD :dance3:

Oh yes, not long now! I do hope to get a renovated room - I'll post an update on how the renovations are coming along - noticed your trip is coming up soon.

So far the meals I want are Remy's Bistro (forgot the proper title), Steakhouse in the village, Walt's, and a couple of buffets - don't know yet which ones really - may depend on what is open. May try Blue Lagoon. I thought I'd eat at the Newport Bay Club on my arrival day but not sure what will be available really.

Here's hoping for an enjoyable stay - in spite of the renovations!:cloud9:

One week from today I will be headed to the airport here in Beijing for a lovely night at the Hilton pre-flight! I plan to enjoy the trip anticipation the whole week long! The major Chinese New Year holiday is approaching here which just adds to the bliss! :rainbow:

One week from today I will be headed to the airport here in Beijing for a lovely night at the Hilton pre-flight! I plan to enjoy the trip anticipation the whole week long! The major Chinese New Year holiday is approaching here which just adds to the bliss! :rainbow:
Ooh that sounds fabulous. I thoroughly agree. The lead up to holidays is vital and as many extra days as possible must be added on :goodvibes:thumbsup2

How exciting that you'll be going back after so long! You'll have to update on Newport Bay Club for sure... I'll be there just a few week after you and can't wait!

As far as money goes, one of my flatmates from the US has a Travelex card that she's been using in France and it's been working quite well for her so far. The only issue so far is that she today tried to reload it and was having issues. I'm also not sure how good the exchange rate is comparatively...

Have a great trip! You have to be excited that it's so soon! :goodvibes

Ooh that sounds fabulous. I thoroughly agree. The lead up to holidays is vital and as many extra days as possible must be added on :goodvibes:thumbsup2

Most definitely!!!

How exciting that you'll be going back after so long! You'll have to update on Newport Bay Club for sure... I'll be there just a few week after you and can't wait!

As far as money goes, one of my flatmates from the US has a Travelex card that she's been using in France and it's been working quite well for her so far. The only issue so far is that she today tried to reload it and was having issues. I'm also not sure how good the exchange rate is comparatively...

Have a great trip! You have to be excited that it's so soon! :goodvibes

So good to know your friend's Travelex card worked in France - I may need that option if the ATM won't take my Chinese bank card at CDG! I'm wanting to post an update on the NBC after I arrive! Happy Planning!

Last working day but it already feels like the holiday has started!!! Fire works stands are open across the city and yesterday I had only 2 learners show up for one of my classes - Happy Chinese New Year!

party:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:party:

I don't know how I've missed this PTR so far! I'm in now anyway! Love the sound of your job! I'm a teacher too.
what dates are you there? I can't see your ticker on my phone. I leave on Tuesday! so excited!

I don't know how I've missed this PTR so far! I'm in now anyway! Love the sound of your job! I'm a teacher too.
what dates are you there? I can't see your ticker on my phone. I leave on Tuesday! so excited!

Hello!:):teacher: Looks like we'll be there at the same time! My dates are Feb. 17th - 24th!

I can honestly say, that I do enjoy my job! I think yesterday the kids were asking me to play "Let it Go" twice during break and I didn't mind a bit- LOL!

Hope you have a great trip!!!pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Even though it's not my favourite song, I must admit that I do come over all emotional when I hear several hundred children singing Let It Go together. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter