• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

After a long time...just a silly question..

giuly09

it made me feel like i was the queen....
Hi all,
i have not been posting for a long time as sadly no trip planned for me :sad2: as it would cost way too much and so i had just to wait and see if i can find the money somewhere...:confused3

Anyway a friend of mine is going next week and i thought of giving her my Shareholder card to save some on restaurant meals but i wonder, will she be asked for an ID card to prove she is me?? I think i never was but i'm not so sure about it.
Any opinion or experience??

Thanks and have a good sunday :cheer2:

In the shops I have been asked for ID on several occassions as its a manager that has to authorise the discounts now.

I personally wouldn't risk it.

My dh has used my card in shops and never been questioned. However I was asked for ID to use it in Salon Mickey as the name on the card didnt match the name on my park tickets Holiday was booked in maiden name to match my passport but shareholders card is in my married name.

I agree a manager does authorise it theyve done this as long as Ive had my card (2 years) but often I wait outside the shop whilst dh pays and not once has anyone asked for ID.

I haven't had it everytime but even my last trip in January one asked for ID

Hi Giulia :wave2: nice to see you.

I'm just trying to think whether we were asked last week ..... I definitely remember being asked one day in a shop but not sure if it was because I was using the Hotel Easypass or it was because of the Shareholders card. :confused3 I'm sure I've also been asked in the past.

We weren't asked for any ID at meals last week but I wouldn't want to risk it myself - the odds are they won't ask for ID but if they did it would be ever so embarrassing for her.

I got asked for id at the disney shop in the village but nowhere else, when we went last november

i've never been asked for ID, not in DLP or in the Disney Store here, BUT, I would never risk loosing my card but letting anyone else use it! I've been present at meals in DLP and the Disney Store with several people using it with me present next to the till (I did get some funny looks as I stood with a female and two different blokes, didn't look good for my reputation :lmao:). The only time I've had to give something other than my SHC, was in Salon Mickey because you need to show a valid park ticket (which also had my name on it so I suppose that was good enough for them, though they did type something into the computer....)

I was asked to show my passport when I used my shareholders card in the Studios shop last week. As it was our last day I had it in my bag, phew!

i've never been asked for ID, not in DLP or in the Disney Store here, BUT, I would never risk loosing my card but letting anyone else use it! I've been present at meals in DLP and the Disney Store with several people using it with me present next to the till (I did get some funny looks as I stood with a female and two different blokes, didn't look good for my reputation :lmao:). The only time I've had to give something other than my SHC, was in Salon Mickey because you need to show a valid park ticket (which also had my name on it so I suppose that was good enough for them, though they did type something into the computer....)

They type your details into the system which tracks how many times you use it, as its limited to 5 times (I think) a month

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter