After cruise - Things to do

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
Hi

I was going to book the Hyatt for after our Disney cruise, just the day room

but was wondering if I went to a Disney resort and spent the day there, have lunch there etc. Would they store our luggage until we get the bus to the airport that night?

Hi

but was wondering if I went to a Disney resort and spent the day there, have lunch there etc. Would they store our luggage until we get the bus to the airport that night?
I believe you need an actual reservation for the resort to take the bus there. If you're getting a room, that's where you'd put your bags.

Hi

does anyone know if there is some sort of excursion where I can go from the ship to the space centre and then transport to the airport as I won’t be driving

we have a late flight are we are looking at all options. Not sure how I could do this with loads of cases etc

After cruise - Things to do,​

Cry 😭 Just kidding, no I am not :(

Just a long shot, how early can you check your luggage at the airport?
Not sure if this will work you may have to call your airline to see if this is even a possibility.

Take a cab or an Uber to the airport, have the driver wait while you check your luggage in then go to Disney. When ready to go back to the airport call a cab of another ride share company and back to the airport.
It's a lot of back and forth and might cost quite a bit but just an idea.

Take a cab or an Uber to the airport, have the driver wait while you check your luggage in then go to Disney. When ready to go back to the airport call a cab of another ride share company and back to the airport.
It's a lot of back and forth and might cost quite a bit but just an idea.
Most airlines only allow you to do that 4 hours before the flight.

Hi

I have not done this personally, but have viewed Vloggers that have done exactly what you are suggesting. They chose a Disney resort booked and took DCL transfers to that resort, stored their luggage, and then went to the airport later.

There is a company that we used at airport that will hold your luggage for a fee. We did that then took Lyft to Disney Springs for a few hours as we had a flight that left around 6.

There is a company that we used at airport that will hold your luggage for a fee. We did that then took Lyft to Disney Springs for a few hours as we had a flight that left around 6.
This is what I would do if you don’t want to rent a car.

I’m pretty sure the OP is from the UK and I doubt the check in desks would even be open at the time you’d get back to MCO, since they only have evening/night flights back to the UK.

Much easier just to rent a car at the cruise terminal, drive to Disney (or Space Center or anywhere else) and enjoy your visit with your luggage stored in your rental car.
Are there car rental companies at the cruise terminal? I've never seen one but we are never looking for one so may have missed it.

Thanks, I’m thinking this sounds a great idea

could do some shopping and have a final meal at Disney springs.

do you no where you meet them at Orlando airport.
just wondering if times need to be exact, incase the coach took a bit longer getting in
No, I found the link to the website on the MCO's website https://orlandoairports.net/ by searching for Baggage. You'll need to investigate further, although I'm sure others on this forum can help with the questions about the DCL buses.

Are there car rental companies at the cruise terminal? I've never seen one but we are never looking for one so may have missed it.
There are several car rental companies located a few minutes away from the cruise terminal that provide free shuttle buses between the terminal and their facilities. We've used Budget, but there are others as well. If you have a car reserved for after your cruise, you can ask a staff member at the terminal to direct you to the shuttle waiting area.

There are several car rental companies located a few minutes away from the cruise terminal that provide free shuttle buses between the terminal and their facilities. We've used Budget, but there are others as well. If you have a car reserved for after your cruise, you can ask a staff member at the terminal to direct you to the shuttle waiting area.
Yes I'm aware they are in the area but not walking distance. The post I responded to said you can rent at the cruise terminal. That's what confused me. Certainly for the op or someone not familiar with the area it would be very confusing. It's good to have your clarification. Thanks

Hey

thanks for the help everyone, can anyway advise -

we are going to book hold my luggage and go to Disney springs, which is by dollar car rental in terminal B, can anyone advise does the Disney cruise shuttle at the airport arrive near this or terminal B?

if we get off the ship at say 8-30am, when do you expect we would get to the airport with Disneys transfers roughly?

when we get our cases after, our flight is terminal C, is this far away?

Finally if we are going to Disney springs should we allow about 30 minutes to get back to the airport from there.

Hey

we are going to book hold my luggage and go to Disney springs, which is by dollar car rental in terminal B, can anyone advise does the Disney cruise shuttle at the airport arrive near this or terminal B?

if we get off the ship at say 8-30am, when do you expect we would get to the airport with Disneys transfers roughly?

I can’t answer your other questions above, but I can tell you that the little train to Terminal C leaves from Terminal B. I think the ride takes about 10 minutes, but Terminal C itself is huge, and I have no idea how long it takes to walk from the train there to airline checkin or security. I think you could find a lot of information on the MCO website https://www.orlandoairports.net/ and also, for questions specific to the airport and travel between WDW and MCO, on the DISboards Transportation forum https://www.disboards.com/forums/transportation.16/
Finally if we are going to Disney springs should we allow about 30 minutes to get back to the airport from there.
I would allow an hour, in case of traffic jams. Full disclosure: I’m one of those people who would rather sit at the gate than worry about missing the plane!

Hey

Can anyone help with these questions 🤷‍♂️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter