• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

After Gran Destino is open, are the preferred rooms still going to be Casitas?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
After Gran Destino is opened at Coronado Springs, are preferred room category still going to be in the Casitas? Where will most of the food, etc, be, still in El Centro? When will a tentative new map be published with the additions?

Last edited:
I just booked a room in the Tower. I was told there are no preferred rooms in the tower.

I just find the preferred rooms are seem so far from the Dig Site. That's my main hesitancy with that.

In January I was in the preferred rooms while they were still building the bridges across the lake. The walk around the lake to the Dig Site wasn't very long from our rooms (maybe 6 minutes?). I think that would be cut in half with being able to walk across the lake instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter