After Hours at Animal Kingdom, will it return?

bdrex28

Mouseketeer
In March of 2020 (the dreaded beginning of Covid) we were at WDW and they had After Hours (ticketed event) for Animal Kingdom. It was the best after hours event I've done because Animal Kingdom is fantastic at night, especially Avatar area.

It appears that maybe that was the last time they did After Hours at AK.

Has anyone seen or read anything on if they are planning on bringing it back and if so, when?

Personally, I think seeing Animal Kingdom at night was amazing and I'd easily pay every visit to do it and see Avatar like you see it on the movies with all the glowing/fluorescence everywhere.

In March of 2020 (the dreaded beginning of Covid) we were at WDW and they had After Hours (ticketed event) for Animal Kingdom. It was the best after hours event I've done because Animal Kingdom is fantastic at night, especially Avatar area.

Has anyone seen or read anything on if they are planning on bringing it back and if so, when?

Personally, I think seeing Animal Kingdom at night was amazing and I'd easily pay every visit to do it and see Avatar like you see it on the movies with all the glowing/fluorescence everywhere.
I agree. We had a blast at the AK after hours event. We had so many good snacks, and rode most rides and some twice. It was a fun night.

I was there in early March 2020 at the after hours event too and it was amazing. I keep hoping it comes back. You think it would because it’s a big money maker but last time I saw a thread on this the speculation was that there was still a staffing shortage. I hope it will be back for my next trip though. Definitely one of the best extras we have done.

I was there in early March 2020 at the after hours event too and it was amazing. I keep hoping it comes back. You think it would because it’s a big money maker but last time I saw a thread on this the speculation was that there was still a staffing shortage. I hope it will be back for my next trip though. Definitely one of the best extras we have done.

I had to call the other day to Disney Customer Service and the young lady I spoke to said she was hoping it came back too and that they thought it could come back in the next six months or so.

Who knows, but in truth Pandora is so much like the movie at night with all the glow in the dark and really makes that area shine.

We will definitely do that when it comes back. November 2022 will be good Disney! Pics are awesome!

After finally seeing Pandora at night and how amazing it looked, we were scratching our heads as to why Disney keeps it so "hidden" with short park hours even before the pandemic. It was clearly designed by Imagineers to be seen at night.

Understandably some lands in the parks would need to close early for the animals, but they could keep some areas open for later park hours during busy seasons to spread out crowds. Or at least add back After Hours once staffing is back up.

I had the same thought about staffing moving from Epcot to AK once the international staff returns. I hope that’s the case. AK at night is really great and the after hours was one of my favorite extras that we have done. I also can’t wait for the international staff to return. The world showcase isn’t the same without them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter