After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

I'm still confused - if you have an AH ticket ONLY- are you able to purchase Genie Plus for the earlier hours you are let in (7:00-10:00). Sorry if this has been answered and I just missed it.

We attended the MK party last night 3/13. We arrived at the park around 8pm with no wait to enter and get our wristbands, after making our way through the fireworks crowd down Main Street, we headed to Tomorrowland to start our evening..
We did:
Tomorrowland Speedway
Buzz Lightyear
People Mover
Little Mermaid
Barnstormer
Space Mountain
BTMR x2
Prince Charming Carousel
Haunted Mansion
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
7D Mine Train

We stopped multiple times for popcorn, ice cream, sodas & water
Most rides we did were either walk ons or very low 10 minute waits with the exception of Mine Train which seemed to be at a steady 35 minutes all night from what I could tell.
Pirates was down all of the event to my knowledge. We did have time to maybe get another 2 rides in at the end of the event but chose to just snack and walk around enjoying the atmosphere of an almost empty hub, stepping out of MK at exactly 12:58am.
I should add that this was not our first AH party, we have attended every year since they started being offered and we will be back at next Monday's party as well.

I'm still confused - if you have an AH ticket ONLY- are you able to purchase Genie Plus for the earlier hours you are let in (7:00-10:00). Sorry if this has been answered and I just missed it.
No, you need a day (or multi-day) ticket to get Genie+.

For us, we're going in August and just having a night ticket is wonderful. We'll enjoy the pool during the day and the park at night. Nighttime in the parks is our favorite, so AH is great for us. The Genie+ option would be nice for the mix in time, but it's not offered without the day admission.

I was able to buy ILL$ for rise at the first AH in January and did so....with no normal day ticket. I thought I could have bought g+ too but not 100% sure.
We are going this Monday, the 20th, and I will definitely be trying to purchase the ILL$ without day tickets for 7DMT to ride in the 7pm-10pm window. Will report back on the results.

Halloween and Christmas Parties coming up soon. Also MK is pretty consistently busy and open until 11PM-Midnight during the spring and summer months so it makes sense to move the AH to other parks.
How far in advance does Disney change MK from 10pm to 11pm? I’ll be there first week in May - so far they’ve done it through April 1

Thanks!

I know some other people already gave reviews, but I'll throw mine in for March 8th's DHS AH. The tickets were a birthday present to myself, and I wanted to ride some rides multiple times, and my BF obliged me.

I'll get the two negatives out of the way.

1. The Skyliner was not running at 12:15am when we left, and we had to take a bus back to Riviera. However, when the bus pulled away, the Skyliner was moving. So I have no idea if they restart it at 12:30am or we just saw it when it was temporarily down.
2. My BF and I rope dropped Epcot that morning and between both parks, we walked around 7 miles. My feet were not used to that much walking.

We entered the park around 6:45pm and got our wristbands. We were able to get a LL for Runaway Railway and Toy Story Mania, and we walked around and got dinner. We waited for a lull in the wait times to ride Smuggler's Run and we rode it right before 9:30pm. Then we did:

1. Toy Story Mania, as we were leaving, someone mentioned Rise was at a 15 minute wait
2. Rise of the Resistance
3. Runaway Railway
4. Runaway Railway
5. Toy Story Mania
6. Slinky Dog Dash
7. Toy Story Mania

Swirling Saucers makes me nauseous, and I was too full from dinner and Mickey Bars to ride Tower of Terror. Obviously, you can see what I enjoyed the most. If Rock n Roller Coaster wasn't down, I would have done that ride, a few times as well.

To be 100% honest, I was a little annoyed that Slinky Dog still had a 20-25 minute wait time posted. I was also hoping that Rise would have lower wait times so we could go more than once. I still found the event worth it, because it enabled us to ride multiple times.

No, you need a day (or multi-day) ticket to get Genie+.

For us, we're going in August and just having a night ticket is wonderful. We'll enjoy the pool during the day and the park at night. Nighttime in the parks is our favorite, so AH is great for us. The Genie+ option would be nice for the mix in time, but it's not offered without the day admission.
Curious if you have a multi day ticket but no park reservation for the day of AH if you could do G+.

How far in advance does Disney change MK from 10pm to 11pm? I’ll be there first week in May - so far they’ve done it through April 1

Thanks!
They used to post hours waaaay in advance when I worked in the parks, they have brought that a little closer in to the actual travel dates apparently. Usually June/July/August its pretty consistently open until at least 11 PM.

They used to post hours waaaay in advance when I worked in the parks, they have brought that a little closer in to the actual travel dates apparently. Usually June/July/August its pretty consistently open until at least 11 PM.
We just got back from a trip early March, and I only noticed a week or two ahead that the MK hours had changed to an hour later (11pm close) but I don’t know when they actually changed

We just got back from a trip early March, and I only noticed a week or two ahead that the MK hours had changed to an hour later (11pm close) but I don’t know when they actually changed
Thanks! I’m not worried, I’m sure they will change....I’m just kind of obsessive, so I want to know for sure, lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter