After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

We did EP AH two days ago, and overall we had a good time. The main goal was to enjoy the food and drinks in World Showcase, then ride Guardians a couple of times. We were able to enter the world showcase entrance at 6:45, which was a pleasant surprise. It was fun eating and drinking until the fireworks.

Immediately after the fireworks, we rode Soarin’ and Figment as walk ons. We then headed to Guardians and waited about 25. After that, we waited less than 10 for Mission Space, then hit a snag at Test Track. About 20 minutes in, it broke down, which added an extra 15 minutes or so to our wait. After that, we headed back to Guardians with a 50 minute posted wait time, which was exactly what we waited. They initially ran both sides, but it seems right around when we got toward the line near the boarding area, they started running just the right side. That slowed things down majorly.

By the time we exited, it was 1:15 so time to go. We never made it back to the back of the park, which was our sacrifice to get Guardians in one last time.

There was plenty of popcorn/drinks to be had right around Spaceship Earth and Mission Space. And the dj was fun.

Overall, we got done what we wanted to. It was nice to avoid the heat, but I wouldn’t recommend this to friends and wouldn’t pay for an EP AH event again.

They initially ran both sides, but it seems right around when we got toward the line near the boarding area, they started running just the right side. That slowed things down majorly.

I don’t think it was a conscious choice to run only one side, it was definitely having issues and the poor CMs seemed frustrated. Of the 4 times we rode, one time only one side was working and the other time they couldn’t get the lap bars working so those guests sat in the cars a good 5 minutes while they turned it on and off again (or whatever technical magic was required)

Does anyone know if they limit the number of tickets that they sell per night for each after-hours event?
We went back in 2018 (@MK) and it was wonderful! There was hardly anyone there. We heard that those were limited each night to 3000 - 3500.
We plan on doing the AH events next year when we return, but we wondered if they still limited the number of people each night.
We went to some of the first MNSSHP as those were limited. The last one we attended in 2018 was horrible since they now let so many people in - it just lost some of the magic. Just wondered in the AH were the same.

Does anyone know if they limit the number of tickets that they sell per night for each after-hours event?
We went back in 2018 (@MK) and it was wonderful! There was hardly anyone there. We heard that those were limited each night to 3000 - 3500.
We plan on doing the AH events next year when we return, but we wondered if they still limited the number of people each night.
We went to some of the first MNSSHP as those were limited. The last one we attended in 2018 was horrible since they now let so many people in - it just lost some of the magic. Just wondered in the AH were the same.
Yes, tickets are limited and most AH events sell out. MK appears to be the best event as it has the most attractions.

DHS is good when everything is running but just 1 or 2 attractions being down can quickly grow the lines.

Epcot seems to be good if you go in with a good plan but does require a lot more walking. Also, GotG can vary greatly depending if they’re running one or 2 tracks.

The past 2 years, MNSSHP seemed to be capped at a lower number of guests and a more enjoyable experience. We won’t know how this year goes until the parties start in August.

Just got back from the HS After Hours event. Even though we got some torrential rain off and on, the event was 1000x better than the one we did in February! We had a great time tonight! We arrived at 7:00 and had dinner at Sci-Fi at 7:30. Came out at 8:40 PM to a downpour, but ponchos adorned, made our way to MMRRR for a 10 min. wait. Then scooted over to TSMM and did that twice. Slinky was down when we walked by, but then we made our way to ROTR for a 10 minute wait and did it 2x. Rain came again so we went over to Smugglers Run walk-on and no rain after that. My daughter wanted to take some pics so we grabbed some popcorn and ice cream over on Grand Ave and went and sat down by PizzaRizzo not a soul around. A worker at a closed Mama Melrose saw us outside taking pictures and invited us in to take some pictures of their closed and empty restaurant! My daughter was thrilled! It was like having the entire place to ourselves. The music was still playing in there! It was so cool! Then we took some pics around Grand Ave. and then hit Star Tours for no wait and took more pictures over by Prime Time after “pulling the rope” We were on a mission to take pictures of all Rocketeer and Roger Rabbit references…let me tell you, there are a LOT! We love old MGM studios, and when the park is as empty as it was tonight, the old MGM Studios comes back to life! There were times we literally did not see anyone else around. We then rode MMRRR one more time and finished with TOT! It was a great night. Cast members were excellent and all of the guests seemed to be having a great time as well, even with soaked socks! Well worth the AP discounted price, probably the best time we have had at a Disney park in YEARS! Here is hoping Epcot’s event tomorrow night is just as good!

Last edited:
We just returned from our trip in which we did the DHS AH on 6/14 and the EP AH on 6/22.

We had a wonderful time at the DHS AH. We went also in March and they seem to really have gotten all aspects down to a science at this point. I did, once again, purchase a Rise LL for the transition post 7 pm time which helps efficient touring immensely.

Generally, our EP AH was a success but I do have one piece of advice. Don’t bother entering the park before 7 pm, if you have other tickets, because the front is the only place to scan your ticket and get your wristband - unlike any other AH I have attended. In fact, they required you to exit the park completely and return through a separate line. We had adrs at Space 220 lounge and paid LL for Cosmic Rewind so, by the time we needed our wristbands, it was challenging trying to return with everyone else leaving, like salmon swimming upstream, lol. We never did find popcorn, I guess our timing was off because the few places we tried were always out, but that’s a small quibble. We enjoyed the dj and music playing throughout the park. We did Remy last and grabbed a Lyft from BC afterward. I would do it again, but plan to arrive at 7 pm.

Happy to answer any questions.
Wanted to confirm what you were saying about the party check-in process (as it has me "concerned").

We will be in EPCOT with separate tickets most of the day (except for an early afternoon break). We'll be in the World Showcase in the evening with a late ADR at Teppan Edo. We'll likely walk out of Teppan Edo about 10pm -- ready to start the AH event in the World Showcase (likely starting with Remy since it'll be right there).

Are you saying we'll need to walk back all the way to the front entrance to "check-in" for the AH even before we'll be allowed to ride Remy (or any other attractions)? Perhaps only a minor inconvenience if we need to exit the park and re-enter at the International Gateway -- but pretty significant inconvenience if we need to walk from Japan to the Front Entrance and back to France...

Wanted to confirm what you were saying about the party check-in process (as it has me "concerned").

We will be in EPCOT with separate tickets most of the day (except for an early afternoon break). We'll be in the World Showcase in the evening with a late ADR at Teppan Edo. We'll likely walk out of Teppan Edo about 10pm -- ready to start the AH event in the World Showcase (likely starting with Remy since it'll be right there).

Are you saying we'll need to walk back all the way to the front entrance to "check-in" for the AH even before we'll be allowed to ride Remy (or any other attractions)? Perhaps only a minor inconvenience if we need to exit the park and re-enter at the International Gateway -- but pretty significant inconvenience if we need to walk from Japan to the Front Entrance and back to France...
When we did the first one, this was the case. We actually came in on skyliner, so it was annoying to have to leave and exit to renter to get the bracelet.

I can’t say for sure that they have AH check in at IG, because we didn’t try it, but I would definitely check there if you are in that area of WS perhaps before heading to Teppan Edo. I am hopeful that, if they didn’t offer this in earlier parties, they might add the option for future parties. I did speak to a manager that night and, while he was, like, “This is a small event and we can’t offer additional check in spots,” I do feel he understood it was highly inconvenient for day guests.

I would be absolutely shocked if there is no AH check in at IG. Disney provides no transportation to the front of the park for Epcot resort guests. If you don’t have a day ticket to walk thru to the front entrance, Epcot guests would have no way to enter the event. They have had event entrances @ IG before, for AP previews for example. I’m sure they do for this too. Not sure what happened with the PP. perhaps it was a timing issue.

We just finished Epcot AH. It was interesting, miles behind HS AH. Epcot is so big, so it is almost impossible to double-back. We checked in at 6:45 PM and made our way to World Showcase. Did a few countries and then ate at San Angel in Mexico pavilion at 8:00 reservation. It was very good meal. We then caught the end of fireworks and made our way over to Remy @ 9:30. 45 minute posted wait…waited 25. I can’t warm up to that ride. Our whole family was like “Why do we do this?” Then we made our way to Soarin (10 minute wait) and Living with the Land (walk-on…own boat). Got ice cream in front of Imagination and sat for a bit. We then went over and walked-on to Nemo and with the lights off in the aquarium (creepy) it is obvious how they do the projections of the Nemo characters in the aquarium at the end of the ride (always wondered how they did that…I sure know now!) Then rode Spaceship Earth (walk-on) and made our way to Test Track. Longest wait of the night…really backed up (30 minutes). We didn’t do Guardians or Frozen, as we did them both in the AM at rope drop. The DJ was cool, but the whole thing just felt flat. There were a lot of people…for such a big park and “exclusive” event, it sure didn’t feel empty. HS felt way less empty last night. It is very difficult to find snack stands and we were not given a event brochure at check (I don’t know if they even have them) like we got at HS, so it was a crap-shoot as to where snacks were, and we only found one! Overall, glad we gave it a go, but definitely one and done for us.

We attended last night and overall had a good time. We wanted to ride GoG and Remy for the first time, and also be able to hop on some of our old favorites. We were able to do that without the typical day lines or VQ/Genie+.

But as others have said, Epcot is probably not the best place for AH events. I had been to an AH event five years ago at Magic Kingdom and had a really great time. Almost everything became a walk-on or 5-minute wait after the first 30 minutes of the event start.

Besides the challenges of the size of the park, it seemed like a fair amount of the attractions had longer lines than I would have thought. Frozen was 25 minutes, TT was 30-45 minutes, GoG went from 30-45 minutes, and Soarin was 30 minutes. From the time it takes to walk to places, and then wait in line, a good chunk of the evening could be gone. CMs seemed to be happy to be there and it was fun. Just not as fun as the MK experience from a few years ago.

All in all, I do think it's a good way to enjoy Epcot in the crowded summer and avoid a lot of the crowds. But YMMV.

My son and I went to Epcot AH (edit) last night for the DVC ticket price. We had never ridden GoG or Remy.

We got in at a few mins before 7 and rode soarin, ate at food both and rode test track standby.
We joined the queue for GoG at 9:02 and waited just under 30 mins. LOVED the ride- prob my favorite ride of all time. Looped and ride again with 20 min wait. This time with a better song and it was even better.
Decided to get snacks (need more locations) and ride Ratatouille - posted 35 min wait was more like 17. Walked back to test track with a 50 min wait and decided to pass.
Proceeded to loop Guardians 3 times. Wait varied between 30-40 mins. First 4 rides all different songs which was cool.
We had a good time. My son is 17 and loved Guardians. If we didn’t loop that ride it wouldn’t have been worth it. If your goal is to loop guardians it’s a decent event.

Last edited:
We enjoyed Epcot AH and our impression was the opposite, we felt it was empty. Maybe we zigged while others zagged?
Arrived at 6:30, Here is what we did until 1am close time:

Nemo and Friends
Living with the Land
Soarin
Journey into Imagination with Figment
Snack
Spaceship Earth
Creations for shopping
Guardians X 2
Test Track (Longest wait of the night at 30 minutes)
Gran Fiesta Tour
Frozen X 2
Snack
Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
Walked out IG and picked up in Beach Club Lobby by Lyft.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter