After hours - HS or MK, which would you pick?

loislane

DIS Veteran
We're headed to WDW in May with our youngest, who hasn't been since 2015.
I like the idea of an after hours in HS to avoid lines (keeping in mind that RnRC already has an announced closure for when we are there) and then DS would be assured of riding the existing things he likes - which really only consists of Toy Story and ToT at this point - plus being able to ride everything new. So that would be ROTR, SR:MF, Slinky, Aliens, Runaway Railway.

The hubs argues that there just isn't enough to ride/do in HS to make it worth the investment and that MK might be a better value. Tere really isn't anything new there that he hasn't already experienced, but it's certainly nice to basically walk on to everything. The hubs and I did the Boo Bash after hours in 2021 and enjoyed it.

As of right now, we have 2 MK reservations and 1 HS reservation. We do have park hoppers.

Certainly going to ask our youngest his preference, but was wondering what everyone thought. Which would you pick?

If you are Star Wars fans then do HS. Otherwise MK. At HS you would be able to ride ROTR many times, take amazing pictures while in Batuu without crowds in the background.

DHS. We are doing MK, because we have a full day there, will get G+, and have a half day with Batuu G+ with the Galactic Starcruiser. Otherwise, I would probably do DHS.

Well, it obviously depends on your own preferences but for me, it's hands-down HS. Too many attractions there that have had long lines and we've either only been on a couple of times or never been on. We really want to ride Slinky after dark and I could do TSMM a few times in a row. My score has always been awful so I need more practice.

You can get into both at 7:00 and some MKs go to 1:00AM. At MK you can watch the fireworks. At DHS none of the shows are open and probably wouldn't do fantasmic.

A full day at MK with G+ is easier to navigate than DHS...especially if you are offsite.

Better, but fewer, rides at DHS (imo)

These strange words you use, "which" and "or." What do they mean?

I'd be HS all day every day, twice on Sunday, even without RNR, but that kinda stings.
Also, just do both.

I’m all HS on this one. I think MK can be done pretty well with G+ and one Lightening Lane.

Having just done the HS event, I would definitely do it again. The ability to ride ROTR multiple times with no wait is worth the price of admission alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter