• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

After Hours, MNSSHP, and H2O Glow too much?

giantwiant

Earning My Ears
Family of 4, two adults & two kids (ages 16 & 12). We haven’t been to WDW in two years & want to visit Typhoon Lagoon in August & would also like to sample the new rides - Tron & GOTG.

We are thinking of doing Epcot After Hours on Thursday night, MNSSHP on Friday, and H2O Glow on Saturday night. The days would be sleeping in / lazy resort days (probably Gran Destino). Are 3 after hours / late nights in a row too much? It would work great from my 16 yr old, but I’m a bit worried my 12 yr old will lose steam if he’s unable to sleep late.

We wouldn’t need to stay until the events end. Just looking to hang at Future World (GOTG, Soarin, Spaceship Earth, TT) for EAH, ride Tron & 7D with some trick-or treating for MNSSHP. The cost of After Hours & MNSSHP is equivalent to a 2 day non- park hopping ticket, and we thought night time would be more pleasant in August than day. I realize thunderstorms are a wild card. We will bring ponchos.

I'd say yes, so long as you're not getting up super early after each night. I'd let the kids sleep in a bit more, not all day but enough so they can eat, do resort stuff and then rest up for that evening's activities. My kids are close in age at 16 and 14 and they were always able to hang. It's me and my husband that can't hang so much anymore lol

It really depends on your family and only you know how much then can handle. What my 14yo DD can handle is very different from what her 14yo friend.

We could do what you've planned but I know for her friend it would be miserable. I would think carefully about how each person would handle the scenario you're thinking and then go from there.

It's what we're doing, more or less, but my son is 14, and I think only you can answer for your own kid.

Epcot AH on Thursday, MNSSHP on Friday, and, if we're lucky enough to score tickets, Typhoon Lagoon MM on Wednesday. It's cheaper for us than day tickets and we can spend our time in the August midday heat at the pool instead of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter