After Hours questions

ericar

Mouseketeer
Disney just announced After Hours events for my vacation week. There is a night for AK that I like but would rather do HS if offered. Is it likely that HS will have a night that same week (Dec 15-22) or would it have been announced the same time as MK and AK? Do these sell out quickly?

I have never done an event, so I'm certainly not an expert, but I would imagine that Disney isn't planning to draw any more crowds to HS then will be there once SWGE opens. With RotR opening at the beginning of December I would imagine they are gonna hold off doing any AH events until they see how the crowds are.

Again, total speculation lol

Disney just announced After Hours events for my vacation week. There is a night for AK that I like but would rather do HS if offered. Is it likely that HS will have a night that same week (Dec 15-22) or would it have been announced the same time as MK and AK? Do these sell out quickly?

Most of us think HS After Hours will not return this year. My bet is January at a higher price or different format.

Disney has all but removed DHS DAH from their website and materials. My guess is that it’ll be on hiatus for the near-to-mid term until SWGE hysteria dies down and the land/both rides have some operating history to know just how to handle a concept like DAH.

I am sure they will look to monetize excistemtn with morning and evening up-charge events at some point, but I suspect it’ll be awhile before we see them.

From a practical/logistics perspective, DAH as a concept has some ‘issues’ with mega headliners that attract a line that carries over substantially past closing. FoP just barely gets away with it at DAK for the DAH events, one can imagine in the near-term the day crowds carrying over in SWGE would be a challenge if mixed with a paid after hours event.

It’ll come eventually though, but we’ll just have to wait for the format and price point. ;-)

Disney has all but removed DHS DAH from their website and materials. My guess is that it’ll be on hiatus for the near-to-mid term until SWGE hysteria dies down and the land/both rides have some operating history to know just how to handle a concept like DAH
Too bad. The Disney website still has the photos of DHS in their Disney After Hours page. I am going in Jan, so I was hoping it would be something like 8pm-midnight, after 8PM closing. That would work so well for my vacation. Maybe when the second ride opens in SWGE in December, they will have more Early Morning hours for a month or so (to hit my vacation in mid Jan)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter