• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Age appropriateness" guide for WDW rides/attractions?

molly2004

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. Just want to know if there is such a thing as a guide to tell you how appropriate rides are for children. I know that all children are different and can handle differing thrill levels. But is there anything that would give you a sense of how intense and scary rides can be?

My guys will be 15 months old tomorrow. I want to take them to Disney for their 3rd birthday (yes, I'm planning ahead). Though they may not remember the trip that well, I want it to be fun for them, not frightening.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

My 2 favorite planning guides are the Unofficial Guide and Passporter Guide Book. I have a 4 year old and a 6 year old. We have been to WDW 4 times in the last 6 years. I think that the things that frightenedmy kids most at that age were the 3-D shows, like Its Tough to Be a Bug and Little Mermaid. I know the more you read the better prepared you will be. And planning is one of the best parts of the trip. :cool1:

I like the PassPorter guide because it's small (and lite) enough to carry with you in the parks. We use it every trip and it's great when you need to look up info while your touring. Plus, I swear by the PassPorter's touring plan for the parks. They are located on the back of the pullout maps. The maps are small and oh, so handy if you laminate them and put them in your backpack.

The UG has great information as well. IMO, it's a book to read before your trip or each night in your room to plan for the next day while the PassPorter is one that you can take with you everywhere you go.

My kids are 4 and 5. They don't like Stitch Escape or Space Mountain. Also, I agree with the other poster. The 3-D movie attractions can be scary. IMO, they're scary because they are loud. We bring earplugs for my DS.

thanks for the recommendations. I'll check them out! I never thought about the 3-D experience being scary. Now I know. Thanks again.

Hi, First off, if you want to chat about Disney planning, send me an email! I am the queen of early planning! :rotfl:

We are taking our daughter in Dec. she will be 3.5 at the time. We bought The offical guide to WDW, and the Unoffical guide. I think those two combined are wonderful combinations of information. Plus,with the advice you get on the DIS boards, you can't go wrong. The unoffical guide has a list of rides and attractions at all parks, and lists how kids rated them *including preschoolers* lists the height requirement for them, and if the ride will scare your preschooler. Its great.

Enjoy your planning! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter