Age for Pirate cruise

Karel

<font color=deeppink>There's a little poem about s
My eleven year old is bummed because he's too old for the pirate cruise. (He loves to be goofy and this sounds like it right up his alley.) Have any older children gone on this?

Tell you son not to be bummed by the Pirate Cruise. No characters aboard. My DS - who is 10 and my DD who is 7 just went on it this past June.
My DD liked it - she liked the goodie bag they got and the snacks. My DS would have rather been at a park that morning. My guess the best ages are 4 to 7 or 8. After that - a 4th or 5th grader will get board to death.
If they really got to dig in the sand and find treasure my DS may have liked it better.
The 'loot' is handed to the kids on the boat.
No digging for it.

Maybe let your 11 year old DS pick a ride.
Test Track ? Who wants to be a Millionare ?
Buzz Light Year ? - a bold child...Tower of Terror ? Splash Mountain ?

My 10 year old DS would have rather have had a fast-past ;)

I disagree, my 4th grade DD had a lot of fun this year on the cruise and it really was one of her favorite things the whole week. She is a real fun loving, get goofy kid too. She can be happy riding dumbo with her younger brother then scream her lungs out on Space Mt.

Which brings me to my point... I wish WDW had some supervised activities for "tweens", you know the 10,11 and 12 year old set. On the order of the cooking adventure and tea party but geared toward older kids, maybe club dancing at Atlantic Dance Hall, or a real cooking class at GF with the chef. I think there is some kind of fishing trip but not sure the details.

Karel,

If your son really wants to go, why don't you call CRO and ask if they would take an 11yo? I've read of at least 2 instances on this board where they were allowed to go.

I might call them, I'll have to see how serious he is about it. His brother is 10 and his sister 8 and I thought it would be fun if they could all go together. He's very social and loves to fool around, high level of self confidence. He came in his green frog footie pajamas to the bedtime story hour I was running. Got a huge laugh. Also, on his class trip to the zoo, he and his friends bought bunny ears and wore them all around. So a pirate cruise might be right up his alley.

My personal experience is that they'll probably let him go. Our 11yob also wanted to go with his brothers and cousin (10, 7, 5 & 4). I told CRO that he was 11, not 10, and asked if they ever allow that. She made the ressie for us with NO problem. My 11yo certainly felt the magic when I told him! (I'd like to go myself, but that's probably pushing it a bit). We did make the reservations the earliest possible day, and there was plenty of room. How full the cruise is may make a difference in how willing they are to accomodate exceptions.

My two ds's (9 and 4) loved the Pirates Cruise. One child definitely looked 11 years old and no one asked any questions about his age.

If he wants to go, let him. He'll love it. Remember to book early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter