• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Age Requirements Castaway Cay

mattsnyder9

occalidizkid
Our date to book activities and excursions is coming up in early April, I've noticed age requirements for all the activies on Castaway Cay and am a little disappointed. It seems most activities are 5+, even for a float/tube rental. I'm a little concerned our 4 year old DD won't be able to do activities with 7 year old sister which is a fit waiting to happen. My 7 year old will also be disappointed to find out, parasailing and jets skis and only for 8+. Are they by the book on the age requirements? How strict are they?

Our date to book activities and excursions is coming up in early April, I've noticed age requirements for all the activies on Castaway Cay and am a little disappointed. It seems most activities are 5+, even for a float/tube rental. I'm a little concerned our 4 year old DD won't be able to do activities with 7 year old sister which is a fit waiting to happen. My 7 year old will also be disappointed to find out, parasailing and jets skis and only for 8+. Are they by the book on the age requirements? How strict are they?

Very strict. But, many of the activities have no age requirements. The whole family can bike, use water tubes and floats, the kids can both do activities in Scuttles Cove and the water play area at Spring a Leak. The Pelican Plunge slide has no age requirement, just height so you 4 year old can ride if she is 38 inches.

My 7 year old will also be disappointed to find out, parasailing and jets skis and only for 8+.
Parasailing also has weight requirements that even my 11 year doesn't meet yet! They have to be at least 90 pounds and she is only 72 pounds.
I would recommend checking out the whale dig with your kids too. My daughter loves trying to find the whale bones and Mickey has shown up every time we've done it. My daughter is pretty happy just playing on the beach in the sand and splashing in the water which is what I see most kids enjoying while at Castaway Cay. I think kids are much happier just playing with simple things than we give them credit for. They don't always need or want a bunch of organized and scheduled activities.

To be clear, they are excessively strict. For liability issues, there is no wiggle room. If your kid reaches the required age during the cruise, they will not let you book the excursion since they go by the sail-by age.

Thanks, just wanted to get a for sure answer, when we went 10 years ago for our honeymoon, we didn't have to worry about kid things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter