Agent didn't respond, now it's gone

If you've booked with an agent who isn't 24/7, either he prepared to book on your own if something changes OR don't check while the agent is closed. When we use costcotravel that's what I do; I just don't check while they are closed.

There's really only one wdw TA that can get a better price than booking your own. They use convention rates and have limitations.

If you aren't using that specific TA you might check on wdw prices booking on your own...
I'm aware of how to get a better rate at WDW.

I didn't get the room I was hoping for but I actually ended up changing cruises anyways! We were originally booked on the 3-Night December 26th Dream but after seeing the flight prices I just couldn't justify the final price of everything for a 3-night cruise. We are now booked on the 5-Night January 12th Magic and will probably come out a little cheaper but the kids will have to miss a few days of school :/ Does anyone know when it comes to booking activities if that is something that the agent can do or if I'm supposed to handle that?

My TA has booked an excursion or two for us. And I think I've also booked a few on my own.

We don't change up our cruise plans much so I use a TA who is helpful and also gives me some OBC. Now, for WDW stays, it's an entirely different story and we do tend to change quite frequently so I don't want to bother a TA with that.

We were originally booked on the 3-Night December 26th Dream but after seeing the flight prices I just couldn't justify the final price of everything for a 3-night cruise.
I'm with you on that one. I had wanted that cruise as it fit our schedule and I loved that it had a sea day instead of Nassau, but the flight prices were certifiably insane.

Final UPDATE!! As I was getting ready to book our flight to Miami I decided to check the 4-night Galveston cruise that we missed one more time...and my CONCIERGE room was AVAILABLE!!! So I sent my agent an e-mail, but knowing that it was Saturday I wasn't for sure if she would respond, so I put it in my cart and started filling out my info. My agent actually respond within 5 minutes and was able to handle everything for me!! This is our first Disney cruise and I am just so excited :) My agent totally made my day today!!!!

That's fantastic! I've noticed rooms "disappear" for a day or two and then sometimes become available once the deposit is due. So glad you were able to get what you wanted! :)

This is the one reason I have been hesitant to book through an agent. We change our minds a lot, and usually it's at 10pm on a weekend! Not only do I want to be able to go ahead and make the change right away, even if I was OK with waiting until a reasonable business hour, I'm afraid the agent would get so frustrated with me and all my changes.

Ditto, I would never book with an agent, ever. I like to have total, and full access and control of my reservation 24/7

Some travel agents will give you their cell phone number. In the future, you could do a hold on that room, just put someone else name as lead guest. Then when you get ahold of them, you could cancel your hold--- and they should be able to grab the room in about 15 min--- so just coordinate the time to do it. Unless it is a cruise that needs paid in full immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter