AHHHHHHH! I am so frustrated! Help!

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
I am getting so frustrated!

I thought that Dec 1-8 would be the perfect time to go! I thought it wouldn't be busy at all. Yet, I can't find a hotel!! Why oh why is it so busy??!! Besides the obvious, of it being the 50th.
I wanted to go and enjoy the Christmas decorations, and enjoy the parks at a leisurely pace. I thought it would be so quiet. :guilty:

We aren't going to be able to stay on Harbor Blvd. It is ALL booked up!! I can't believe that. We are now down to:
Jolly Roger
Stovalls

and on request, so possibly-
Ramanda Maingate
Park Vue
Del Sol Inn
Fairfield.
Staybridge

We aren't finding any good specials on tickets either. Everything is full priced.

Sorry for the long vent. Can anyone reassure me that it isn't going to be crazy-busy during that time??

I already booked our flights, because I found a good price on those. But now I am starting to wonder if I should have, or if I am going to regret it.....

I am ready to cry... :guilty:

Anyone know anything else that could be causing the crowds?

Any feedback on the above hotels would be great.

Thanks for listening.

I was looking at those same dates a few months ago but changed to the 11-18...which still seems to be busier than everyone said Dec is (B4 Christmas, that is!)
Anyway, one reason is that it is when Pop Warner Football Superbowl is going on at WDW...lots of young fball players and cheerleaders.
Another reason is that it is the Big Mousefest during that time as well.

Blessings to you!

cheerbop said:
I was looking at those same dates a few months ago but changed to the 11-18...which still seems to be busier than everyone said Dec is (B4 Christmas, that is!)
Anyway, one reason is that it is when Pop Warner Football Superbowl is going on at WDW...lots of young fball players and cheerleaders.
Another reason is that it is the Big Mousefest during that time as well.

Blessings to you!

I think the OP was talking about DL. I think you are talking about WDW.

OP I think DL is extra busy because of the 50th. The reports coming back from last week indicate that DL has been very crowded during the slower season. We will be there in 2 weeks and want to go back in May but will decide that after we experience the crowds in 2 weeks.

Good luck hotel searching!

I won't be much help but I also noticed that there are AP rates for November and January but none for December. Not even the first two weeks, unless they just haven't been released yet. I was expecting some great rates for the notoriously slow time. Maybe it is the 50th.

But cheer up. Sure it's more fun when it's not crowded but it's still very accessible even when it is. Fastpass makes the big rides easy to do. Hit the smaller rides first thing of the day when most people are headed to the headliners. Stay on top of your fastpass times. Make sure you always have one and you should be able to ride the headliners with minimal waits.

Have fun!

Don't despair Albertan mom, I am sure you will be able to get a room. I was looking at the same week for my friend and found rooms available through a website called travelworm.com. In regards to the hotels you mentioned, we stayed at the Jolly Roger a couple of years ago and I wasn't very impressed. It seemed in desperate need of an update. I would probably not stay there again if I had other choices available. Good Luck!

Try Lodging.com. I just checked and the Howard Johnson on Harbor still has availability. Its $145 per night, which seems high, but its close and and a decent hotel.

Try Lodging.com. I just checked and they had rooms at the Howard Johnson available.

Just a word of advice, stay away from Jolly Roger, I've heard that it's a dump, this from a bus driver with Coach USA that my friend and I rode with to Vegas, and she told us about a lot of the dumpier motels in the area, and that was one of them.

Jules

This morning, Travelocity had that Howard Johnson's for $119 a night.
Also try
hotelkingdom.com
kayak.com
sidestep.com

Try Best Western Raffles Inn - I just cancelled a reservation there for November.

Also Desert Inn and Suites - I had one there too until we decided on the Residence Inn - I would also try them.

OK, I can breathe now. After 1 hour on the phone and 2 hours at the Travel Agent, I have it all figured out!!

We are staying at the Holiday Inn:http://www.hianaheimresort.com/default.asp

We got the Kids Suite, so that is cool. We wanted a room with bunkbeds, and I never thought we would find one! At the age of our kids 7&10, of course they don't want to share a bed. So hubby and I would seperate and sleep with them. So that is no fun either!!! So we are excited about the bunks. It also has nintendo and a seperate kids 'room'.
Kids eat free at the restaurant there too, which is great. So that will save us money on breakfast and supper. (lunch at the park)
It isn't as close as I would like, but it'll do.
The shuttle is free from this particular hotel, so that is good. And we will have a rental car too, if we decide to drive instead (but I hear parking is costly at DL)

Booked our 5 day hoppers, Knotts, and SeaWorld too, and Character Breakfast-yay!!

Now just have to wait another week so I can book Fantasmic seating!!

So I am excited. The only thing left to do is get the car rental. And plan which day to do which things!!

Thanks for all your input and suggestions, you guys made me feel better, just having someone to vent too (that would understand!--only big Dis-fans could get it!!)

Thanks! :goodvibes

I do know that the first weekend of December is the Candlelight Procession which may be why you had a had time finding rooms. Glad it worked out and have fun!

I just check online with AAA and the Best Western Stovalls Inn has availability for those nights as well. I'm not sure how close it is; the website said 2 nights.

Glad to hear that things are falling into place for you! I found this in another thread, I hope it helps for Fantasmic seating!!

"Call The direct reservation phone number is 714-781-4400"

"Oh well...hope this helps out others who still have to call. If you want to see Fantasmic on, say, Nov. 19th you must call on Oct. 19th NOT at 30 days...it's not the same."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter