• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ahi Tuna Nachos - pineapple or avocado?

Maggie The Cat

Mouseketeer
I read the menu and I don't see those ingredients listed, but it also says Asian slaw and not sure what's in that.

Allergic to both those so just seeing if anyone here knows. Thank you.

If it's at a Disney-owned restaurant, they'll typically modify an item when things can be omitted or others substituted.

For something like a slaw that's prepared in advance, they'll suggest an allergen-free alternative for you.

Scroll down to the bottom of the official Disney menu to see if it has "allergy-friendly" sections. The non-Disney owned restaurant menus don't. Those restaurants aren't required to follow the Disney policy of accommodating food allergies and intolerances. They'll probably make some effort but may only suggest you order something else.

Bummer. It's owned by Landry.

The extent to which the non-Disney owned restaurants accommodate allergies can be somewhat variable. Each such restaurant sets its own policy. A touchy situation because you can't know how accommodating a given one will be until you get there and try ordering.

Bummer. It's owned by Landry.

The extent to which the non-Disney owned restaurants accommodate allergies can be somewhat variable. Each such restaurant sets its own policy. A touchy situation because you can't know how accommodating a given one will be until you get there and try ordering.

I think I should be okay - slaw usually just has carrots, green onions, cilantro, cabbage and then the dressing. Of course I will ask and if it does have pineapple (even juice) I'll just order something else.

I was just checking if anyone here knew because the whole point of us going to Yak & Yeti is so I can try those nachos. :) Otherwise we could go somewhere else.

I certainly understand the dilemma of wanting a particular dish and finding out you can't have it.

DH loves Peking duck but is allergic to chiles and fresh peppers. We went to Morimoto Asia because it was getting raves for its Peking duck which, of course, contained peppers.

Such a downer even though we knew that might happen.

I have several allergies and Yak & Yeti has always been able to accommodate me. Just like at Disney owned restaurants, the chef usually comes out to ask things like "is cross contamination okay" before helping me decide what is the best option for me. They were also able to completely adjust a menu item for my husband who can't eat certain things but really wanted chicken that day.

We've had them multiple times and I don't recall any pineapple or pineapple flavoring from juice. Yak and Yeti is really good about allergies and will accommodate. Those nachos have always been a favorite.

Thanks everyone. We actually ended up switching AK days so we had to cancel Yak & Yeti anyways. But I will keep this in mind for next trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter