Air Canada Child Meal Domestic/US

marisabuzz

Mouseketeer
Has anyone flown with Air Canada recently and ordered a child meal for their kid on a domestic or transborder flight? What was the meal for breakfast or lunch/dinner? We will be fortunate to be flying in Business Class (first Business Class trip with kids). I have a 10yo DS that I am unsure about ordering the child or regular meal for him. He's not particularly picky about food and can be ravenous at times. I fear that the regular meal will be too wild for him, but the child meal will be too kiddy for him.

Has anyone flown with Air Canada recently and ordered a child meal for their kid on a domestic or transborder flight? What was the meal for breakfast or lunch/dinner? We will be fortunate to be flying in Business Class (first Business Class trip with kids). I have a 10yo DS that I am unsure about ordering the child or regular meal for him. He's not particularly picky about food and can be ravenous at times. I fear that the regular meal will be too wild for him, but the child meal will be too kiddy for him.
I was last on Air Canada’s Canada-US Business Class flights in April this year so this is likely out of date. Covid has affected both in-air Business Class meals and food offered in the Maple Leaf lounge. In air, there are more prepared, pre-wrapped items served. Rolls and nuts, for example. For lunch/dinner there is still a green salad starter, choice between two set hot meals, and a dessert. I just checked info. on the website, it appears you have to order a child’s meal in advance as it is considered a “special meal”. Can’t help you with what they offer. Before each meal service, the steward announced that passengers haD 15 minutes to finish eating their meals. Would this be an issue for your DS? On one flight this was closely monitored, not so much on other flights. In the Maple Leaf lounge, again, more prepared, packaged foods. Little styrofoam packages of veggies and hummus, salads, and wrapped sandwiches and granola bars — nothing hot except coffee and tea.

Thanks, I keep watching the menus for the Business Class NA flights and ATM it seems like it's food that he'd eat. Not sure if the menu they are showing is accurate though. But he'll also eat chicken fingers if it was available. I've also been reading up on the MLLs in YYZ and YVR and saw that they are doing the pre-packaged foods so if anything, he can fill up a bit there. I ordered the child meal for my 8yo DD because I know that she won't even entertain the idea of trying the fun/yummy adult food (she's very in to colourless foods/carbs) and she gets to be one hangry kid when she doesn't eat.

On our Feb 2022 Rouge business flight, my kids got chicken fingers with rice, juice box and a dessert

The CHML (child meal) breakfast is usually pretty much the same as the standard pancakes dish they are serving as part of the standard menu and the lunch/dinner has been chicken fingers for a while now. It does need to be ordered as a special meal, otherwise, they will have to pick from the regular menu. The regular breakfast offering is either the omelette or the pancake. This month, they are offering a choice of chicken tajine or vegeterian paella on the Southbound trip... officially, the northbound is offering a choice of chicken in a cream sauce or cheese ravioli... I say officially as the catering back from the US can differ from what AirCanada officially posts on their website if the plane has not been double catered.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter