Air Canada - Trying to figure out where drop-off is and how to receive notifications

Disney Addicted

DIS Veteran
Our flight is on July 2nd. It was originally booked for 7:50 AM, but I just checked Air Canada's app and see the flight time is now 7:00 AM. In the app settings, I have notifications on. On my phone settings I have notifications on "allowed" for Air Canada. I did not receive a notification on my phone, nor an e-mail. Could someone tell me how do I make sure to receive notifications for flight changes, delays or cancellations?

Also, my husband is driving us there. I'm trying to figure out where the Depatures drop-off for Terminal 1 is. This is what google maps gives us. Is this correct? 1655511115519.png

Not the most tech-savvy person here, but in my experience of AC, they are consistently unreliable when it comes to notifying passengers of schedule changes. I suggest you check the schedule frequently, especially approaching your departure date.

If you are taking the 401 to the 409 the signage once you hit the 409 is very clear and easy to navigate. Same on the 407 to 427 route.. lots of directional signs as you approach. Departures (and check in) at terminal 1 are on the top level - level 3.

A 7am departure will mean arriving at the airport before/by the 4:15am opening of US border services to check in and get thru customs/immigration pre clearance. At that time of the night… highway traffic should be very light, but with everyone preferring an early departure, once you get to the airport (in its current state) check in and customs will def be busy.

These days I don’t rely on the airlines to notify me of flight changes prior to my trip… they should - but they really fall down on that front. I make it a habit of checking my flights myself, the closer the trip the more frequently I check. I also do quick seat check as well.. I’ve travelled with my grandkids with pre chosen (and paid for) seat selections only to find we’d been split up and seated no where near each other, knowing that in advance of getting to the airport allowed me to get us seated back in our original seats together before check in. Checking is a pain.. but better to know then to be blindsided upon airport arrival.

The notifications only come the day of the flight. It's only things like gate changes or now boarding. You should get an email (if you selected email notifications) a coupe of days ahead of the flight that will remind you to check flight status ahead of time. They would only specifically tell you of a flight change in the days prior if it is a significant change and 50 min isn't significant.

As to departures drop off.....just follow the signs, it's very clear. AC runs the length of the terminal so it depends on your destination which area you need to be at.

BTW....if he is picking you up when you return....being picked up on the departures level is much easier than arrivals.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the information. We do not fly often so I feel like I'm learning it new all over again.

If you are taking the 401 to the 409 the signage once you hit the 409 is very clear and easy to navigate. Same on the 407 to 427 route.. lots of directional signs as you approach. Departures (and check in) at terminal 1 are on the top level - level 3.

A 7am departure will mean arriving at the airport before/by the 4:15am opening of US border services to check in and get thru customs/immigration pre clearance. At that time of the night… highway traffic should be very light, but with everyone preferring an early departure, once you get to the airport (in its current state) check in and customs will def be busy.

These days I don’t rely on the airlines to notify me of flight changes prior to my trip… they should - but they really fall down on that front. I make it a habit of checking my flights myself, the closer the trip the more frequently I check. I also do quick seat check as well.. I’ve travelled with my grandkids with pre chosen (and paid for) seat selections only to find we’d been split up and seated no where near each other, knowing that in advance of getting to the airport allowed me to get us seated back in our original seats together before check in. Checking is a pain.. but better to know then to be blindsided upon airport arrival.
Thank you. So as long as we look and follow the signs for Terminal 1 - Depatures, it should take us to Level 3 and all will be good.

Does Customs/Immigration open earlier than 4 am then? I thought neither opened until 4:30, but sometimes 4:15. I'd like for us to be dropped off at 3:45 if I can convince my travelling partner and driver. I know we should be there 4 am at the latest

Thank you. So as long as we look and follow the signs for Terminal 1 - Depatures, it should take us to Level 3 and all will be good.

Does Customs/Immigration open earlier than 4 am then? I thought neither opened until 4:30, but sometimes 4:15. I'd like for us to be dropped off at 3:45 if I can convince my travelling partner and driver. I know we should be there 4 am at the latest

You’re welcome 😊. It’s all pretty straightforward once you are approaching the airport.

I just checked the GTAA website for any changes to US customs opening time, it is showing 4:15am for opening.

Have a great trip! ✈️🏰🎆

Remember that even if customs opens at 4:15, you still have to drop bags or check in. And you have to line up to go through security. There will already be a line before they open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter