• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Air from Cleveland

DiznyMagic

<font color=green>Touched by a fairy<br><font colo
Any Clevelanders out there that can give me tips on saving on airfare??
I have shopped around and so far we will be spending anywhere between
800-900.00 on airfare from Cleve to Orlando in July!! There has to be
something better - HELP!

Howdy neighbor!

I am having the same problem for April..... high rates for the dates that I need.

I have been checking Akron-Canton airport and there are some great fares there and depending on where in Cleveland you are it may only be a 35-40 minute drive.

Air Tran just added a daily flight to Orlando and a great introductory fate of $78 one way. But I am not sure about flying Air-Tran

Good Luck!!

Debbie

Howdy neighbor!

I am having the same problem for April..... high rates for the dates that I need.

I have been checking Akron-Canton airport and there are some great fares there and depending on where in Cleveland you are it may only be a 35-40 minute drive.

Air Tran just added a daily flight to Orlando and a great introductory fate of $78 one way. But I am not sure about flying Air-Tran

Good Luck!!

Debbie

I think one problem is that July good saving rates are not out yet. Many places have specials where you have to fly by 5/17 or by mid-June. I'm trying to get flights out of Toledo, Detroit or Columbus, whichever is cheaper, and the best I found was $181 today from Columbus to Orlando on Expedia. The best I'm getting out of Toledo is $204, and out of Detroit more than that.
I am going to keep trying until about mid-April before I panic. Hopefully the good fares I'm seeing won't go way up. If I ever see anything out of Toledo $175 or Columbus $150, I'm buying.
Robin M.

Register on Travelocity.com. Then you put your city's and detinations, they will e-mail you updates and when prices go down for your selected city's. I think the days of below $200 are just about over, especially for direct flights. We fly a lot and have a choice between Cleveland and Pittsburgh (1 hr 15 min each direction). This June we booked 2 tx direct to Orlando June 29-July 5th, and got them for $220 each. If you ever see any for less than $200 you better grab them quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

ONE PLACE I FOUND OF ONE OF THESE BOARDS IS www.itasoftware.com, ON THE RIGHT SIDE THERE IS A PLACE THAT SAYS LOOKING FOR AIRFARE, THEY WILL SHOW YOU THE BEST FARES FOR ALL THE AIRLINES ALL YOU DO IS PUT IN OUR CITY AND WHERE YOU ARE GOING AND THEY WILL COME UP. YOU CAN'T BOOK THROUGH THEM BUT IF YOU GO TO THE FULL DETAILS THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE PH# AND YOU CAN CALL THE AIRLINE WITH THE FLIGHT # AND OTHER NUMBERS. I HAVE IT BOOKMARKED AND CHECK IT EVERYDAY FOR FARES IN JUNE HOPING THEY WILL GO DOWN. :smooth:

Thanks. I guess I will not panic just yet. I have consider leaving out of Akron-Canton and I don't mind having to make a stop because we are planning to leave one day before our cruise just to be safe. I'll keep looking and if I find anything I will alert you guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter